New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it kinda doesn't make sense. the getz 1.1 supposedly gets around 12km/L city. so compared to 7km/L it's a 5km/L savings. if the daily usage is 25km, it would take a long time to recover the initial costs considering you'd be saving only about 60 pesos or so worth of fuel a day. of course if daily mileage is higher, the recovery time is less (and the savings are greater).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...maybe he just wants to replace his 7 year old car already. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    true.. if that's added to the reasons, then yes. but a getz is quite a step down from a VTi civic.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipseds
    Getting a new car coz gas prices are soaring? Hmn, something just doesn't sound right, unless you're driving an H1 or an expedition. But for what it's worth, I'd go with Getz.
    Hehe... it's because "my civic" isn't actually mine. My sister's kind enough to lend me her civic for the past few years. But of course, since I am the primary user, I am the one filling it up... and getting 7.5-7.8 km/Li isn't my idea of an economic drive.

Anyways, I want to have a car that I can really call "my own" thus I'm thinking about replacing "my ride".

I am on a tight budget and P450k is the ideal price that I would like to spend for a new car that is much more fuel efficient... Getz is the logical choice for me now... but as I said, I was having reservations on buying a Korean versus a Japanese.

I am not considering the Picanto because of its size (about 300-400mm shorter than that of the Getz)... and I was thinking that the supermini hatch of the Getz is much more practical than the non-folddown seat of a Vios J sub-compact sedan... adding more for the E model would be too much for me already... kung kaya ko lang, i'd definitely go for an i-dsi CVT na, whether it be a Jazz or a City. Btw, I rarely have passengers at the back so backseat legroom is not much of an issue for me.

I read on another forum (Getz club) that some of their Getz's get about 8-9km per liter lang!??!! ...they didn't specify if this was the 1.1 or the 1.3 / 1.4 engine though. On other posts, which cite that they drive a 1.1, the fuel mileage is around 10 to the lower 11's (pure city driving)... but they said that before 2,000kms, the car consumes more gas than that.

I read the column that mentioned the 1.3 VVTi is the most efficient car as conducted by the DoE... but I know that for a city drive, the i-dsi is much more fuel efficient than the VVTi based on fuel consumption postings on the internet kaya medyo hindi ako naniniwala sa advertising nun. DoE claims that the VVTi can do 22 km/li but that data is useless for me since I drive pure city lang and I know no car can get that mileage on a pure city driving. Can anyone here share their fuel consumption for the 1.3 VVTi on a pure city driving? I heard its between 12-13 kms/li... is this accurate? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    parang malakas yan 7.5km to 7.8km/liter na civic VTi mo.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    parang malakas yan 7.5km to 7.8km/liter na civic VTi mo.
    yup... i always fill it up full-tank. And everytime nandoon lang ang range -- 320-330 kms on 42-liters of gas. I drive pure city tapos A/T pa sya (ang madalas ko lang puntahan na areas are Quezon City, Manila, Mandaluyong, Pasig, and Makati)... madalas moderate to heavy traffic kaya medyo "tutok" driving din ang style ko (para walang makasingit) kaya lalong lumalakas ang consumption ng gas. Pinipilit kong baguhin driving style ko pero hindi magawa ng paa ko na sundin yung sinasabi ng utak ko. ..kaya nga siguro kelangan ko ng lesser-powered car para mapilitan nalang ako magpa-singit sa iba.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay
    yup... i always fill it up full-tank. And everytime nandoon lang ang range -- 320-330 kms on 42-liters of gas. I drive pure city tapos A/T pa sya (ang madalas ko lang puntahan na areas are Quezon City, Manila, Mandaluyong, Pasig, and Makati)... madalas moderate to heavy traffic kaya medyo "tutok" driving din ang style ko (para walang makasingit) kaya lalong lumalakas ang consumption ng gas. Pinipilit kong baguhin driving style ko pero hindi magawa ng paa ko na sundin yung sinasabi ng utak ko. ..kaya nga siguro kelangan ko ng lesser-powered car para mapilitan nalang ako magpa-singit sa iba.

malamang matempt ka rin na hindi baguhin ang driving style mo kung vios 1.3 ang kukunin mo, mahatak din kasi un ride at medyo mabilis din dahil magaan. I used to get 12 km/l dati nung medyo abuso pa un pagdadrive ko

i'm driving a vios 1.3e also and 14-15 km/l na ang consumption ever since ginawa kong 2.5k to 3k rpm ang pagpapatakbo ko - new years resolution ko for 2006. 7 days a week ko gamit ang kotse ko travelling from cavite-makati/manila-cavite so you know kung gaano katraffic ang byahe ko (i'm a 9am-6pm office slave hehehehe).

how about getting a getz 1.5 crdi, i-down mo lang un ready mong pera then financing un natitira?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    interesting... mejo mahirap pumili dito... kasi i test drive a getz before muntik na kaming bumili draw back lang kaya nde kami kumuha kasi mahina acceleration at aircon...though cool in-dash cd player, folding seats and power features...

with vios... hmmm... parehas ng interior ng getz sooo plastic at kaso mas mukhang cheap interior ng Vios J... (Note VIOS J) walang power features at crampy... pero mas mukhang reliable in the long run.. specially you have 1.3 VVTi nde masyadong under power...

kaya i end up buying city.. not so crampy, plastic interior may onting touch ng chrome, cd indash, all power at syempre yung nagustuhan namin sa getz folding seats... at engine na IDSi (8 spark plugs), so far happy kami with the car...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    rather than a getz crdi.. if you're going the financing route mag hyundai matrix crdi ka nalang. konti lang diff price sa getz crdi and it's a bigger car with more features. yun nga lang bigat. pero it can still do 12km/L city and 20km/L highway. it weighs as much as an accord though!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    or the Hyundai accent. kahapon sa SM mall of Asia may showroom sila lapit sa main entrance. Tucson, Sta Fe and Accent ang nakadisplay.

nakasulat sa mga posters: the accent boasts of 38.7 km/liter fuel consumption !!! but of course, this might be true only if you are confined inside SBMA for the rest of your life. hahaha

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
1.1 Hyundai Getz GL vs 1.3 Toyota Vios J