New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    goodday!
    how many km per liter do the hyundai getz 1.1 at city driving? and same with the toyota vios 1.3?
    thanks in advance...

ride safely!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm...unless you're more or less sure that you won't need the extra space, i'd go for the vios. may come in handy if you need to cram more than the usual stuff for special occassions.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    ill go with the getz..dont like the vios..or ill get a second hand echo verso..yeah it looks weird but i like high rooflines and the rear legroom wow! hehehe
    ah yes one of the reasons why a lot of sedan users shifted to compact SUV's is bec. of high rooflines and rear legrooms. hindi na yun tipong parang kang naka-higa habang nag-drive.

odd shaped mini-cars are the in thing today compared to typical mini-car sedans like vios and city. kaya di nakakapagtaka pati aveo mabili na din.

just look at these brothers. they're so cute together:

Last edited by oldblue; June 3rd, 2006 at 07:33 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    <double post>

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    rode a vios 1.3 last week. dont know if its a j or an e.

noticed that it has a cramped elbow room sa front. i'm comparing the car to my 1997 kia pride. havent rode a getz though.

just sharing

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ive driven and rode at the back seat of a 1.1 Gets. driving it seems to be ok. gasoline consumption? u dont have to worry about skyrocketing gas prices. accel is adequate even if fully loaded (or mybe its just new), its easy and light to drive. but if I'll be a passenger and it'll be a long trip, i dowana be sitting at the backseat. the seats are too stiff! we had a trip from Manila to Pakil Laguna, and my back really took a beating.

but i think its still a good buy for 450k

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    if its a Vios 1.3J you're considering against a Getz 1.1GL...

ill go with the Getz na lang. like Mazda, i predict modern Hyundai's resale value will not plunge when it comes to disposing the car like Hyundai's of yore.

1.3J doesnt have power amenities, no tach, steel rims that doesnt even have covers, low rent stereo that just emphasizes its coach class accomodations. exterior wise it screams "IM A BASE MODEL".

Getz for me. if its Vios 1.3E, i might think twice.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    ive driven and rode at the back seat of a 1.1 Gets. driving it seems to be ok. gasoline consumption? u dont have to worry about skyrocketing gas prices. accel is adequate even if fully loaded (or mybe its just new), its easy and light to drive. but if I'll be a passenger and it'll be a long trip, i dowana be sitting at the backseat. the seats are too stiff! we had a trip from Manila to Pakil Laguna, and my back really took a beating.

but i think its still a good buy for 450k
    Yup.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Getting a new car coz gas prices are soaring? Hmn, something just doesn't sound right, unless you're driving an H1 or an expedition. But for what it's worth, I'd go with Getz.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Getz, too. Though FYI, Kia has just launched the Picanto De Luxe model with front power windows, anti-theft system, 3rd brakelamp, and MP3 head unit. Not sure if foglamps are now standard fare. SRP is 470 M/T, 510 A/T.

The Getz, however, has power windows on all four windows and the rear headrests are adjustable to accomodate your rear passengers. Central locking can also be added in-house.

Does the Vios have a split folding rear seat? Are the Vio's rear seatbelts of the 3 point ELR variety already?

Yes, the base Vios really screams base model. No side door protective mouldings and fugly steel wheels really make it looked stripped down.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
1.1 Hyundai Getz GL vs 1.3 Toyota Vios J