New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    guys, can you please suggest on what pickup truck is better. my choices are 08 isuzu dmax ls and 08 mitsubishi strada glx. i will use it for both work (i only carry around 700 lbs max w/o people) and pleasure and my budget is around 1,050,000. i haven't tried both brands so i don't have any idea what truck is better. i am currently using a 98 b2500 mazda pickup and it has been with me for 10 years and more than 204k kms in odo reading and it's still in good running condition though it's glory days are over, it could still do what it is suppose to do. for 10 yrs, in its 9th year, the injection pump was replaced and engine overhauled twice coz the first shop that did the overhauling used inferior parts (no wonder it only cost less than 40k all in all), other than that, im really satisfied with this truck since i dont recall any serious problems with it for the past 8 years. JUST IMAGINE 8 YEARS! now, im thinking of replacing it and only those two brands really suit my taste. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since i only want a pickup that would really give me my money's worth. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    welcome to tsikot.com sir. please click this thread for more opinions about dmax and strada: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41283

im a strada glx owner myself and so far satisfied naman ako sa vehicle ko. if you eventually decide to buy a strada, please join us sa the strada club of the philippines

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for your reply, sir! im really having a hard time deciding coz this truck is really my first choice and i really and truly love the look and engine power of the new strada but reading the mitsubishi forum, im worried with regards to the issues on steering problems, shocks and leaf springs being replaced early and the leaning on the driver side coz the gas tank is located there.

those issues are making me lean towards dmax but i still havent made my final decision yet.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    thanks for your reply, sir! im really having a hard time deciding coz this truck is really my first choice and i really and truly love the look and engine power of the new strada but reading the mitsubishi forum, im worried with regards to the issues on steering problems, shocks and leaf springs being replaced early and the leaning on the driver side coz the gas tank is located there.

those issues are making me lean towards dmax but i still havent made my final decision yet.
    yeah, unfortunately those problems do exists but because of the sharing sa forums, the strada owners can help each other find a solution. based din sa numbers of strada owners, i can safely say that mas malaking percentage ang satisfied sa ride nila. buti na lang may warranty and may forums na ganito, we can assert our right as consumers and unit owners.

di ko lang alam kung may mga problems ang dmax katulad ng sa strada since wala naman yata nagrereklamo dito sa forums. keep us posted if you find any quirks but i surely hope ok ang makuha mong unit to your satisfaction, be it dmax or the strada

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ok. thanks! based on what i read in the isuzu forum, i noticed that only few members own the new dmax and maybe that is why there are no known problems or issues yet with the truck. unlike in the mitsubishi forum, which i think is the most active forum, almost all members there have the new strada thus making it easier to find out the problems with the vehicle.

08 isuzu dmax ls or 08 strada glx?