New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by igiboy07 View Post
    guys we are planning to buy our 1st family vehicle, we now live here in bicol and we still visit manila every once in a while. i would like to ask for ur oppinion with regards which vehicle do u prefer in terms of quality, durability, and ofcourse value for money and fuel efficiency especially for diesel engines. thanks in advance.
    I got two words for you: test drive. Nothing beats an informed decision based on an actual sortie behind the wheel.

I own an Adventure myself, but if your nearest Mitsubishi dealer refuses to lend you one of their units, then you can take it off your list of prospects.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    In terms of comfort, design, handling...etc. Innova gets my vote.

In terms of diesel, I cannot totally recommend the D-4D engine of the Innova bec. nobody is really sure if Toyota solved the earlier problems already.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    crosswind..too old

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    innova still get my vote! crosswind = high knocking sound

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir Hintayin nyo na lng po ang release ng bagong Mitsubishi Zinger. Due 1st Qrt. ng 2007.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fuel efficiency and durability, the Crosswind is pretty good.

Quality isn't so, though... American-cheap plastics, flat seats and poor structural rigidity and noise insulation... don't get an AT, as they're slow as molasses. The MT may not be much faster, but with the end of the exhaust and radiator problems with the new upgrades, there's not much that can go wrong with it.

It's a horribly stiff, noisy and smoky car, though. Don't spend too much money on the top-of-the-line version. Better to get a mid-level model with just enough amenities (as long as it has power windows, it's okay.)

-----

The Innova is the most comfortable, easiest to drive and quickest. It also has decent fuel economy with either engine (although decent for a 2 liter gas vehicle this big isn't very good compared to the diesel).

The "D4D woes" thing might be an issue if you have no high-end "boutique" gas stations in the province, but if you've got at least a major Shell or Petron station there, it shouldn't be much of an issue. According to larshell, the reprogramming apparently works, so newer D4Ds shouldn't be affected by the problem.

If it's a worry, you can always get the gas version. It's quieter and more refined than any of the other choices you've given.
    Last edited by niky; February 11th, 2007 at 01:43 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    overall ill pick the adventure, meron kami ung 2005 grandsport and sobrang ok, utility vehicle na comfy and have good entertainment system saka eto na ata pinakamura dun sa tatlo

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Crosswind!

The company service vehicle here is closing near its 600k kilometer already!. I believe na kaya talaga umabot talaga ng makina neto to the Isuzu's claim of 1million kilometer service.

matibay na ang makina, matibay pa ang underchassis.

Have you tried comparing the specs? Did you ever wondered why its Curb (GVW) weight is almost 500kg more than the innova which at aroung 1,600 kg only? Hmmm..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we're also buying a family car within the next 3 months. We're currently looking for a diesel powered utility vehicle. Adventure GLS 2.5L Diesel sells at 840K+ while the top of the line crosswind(manual) i think sells for 970K. We're leaning towards the Adventure mainly because of the price and we noticed that the 130K price difference is only because of the amenities(LCD, rear sensor, etc). Do we have other options aside from the two? Innova is out of the choices(my dad doesn't like the styling haha)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Innova VVTi... (don't get me started with the D4D woes issue :rofl01

The Crosswind & Adventure pales in comparison in terms of comfort / refinement and on-road performance. Simply put, the Crosswind & Adventure needs a replacement ASAP to compete properly.

But if you are only shopping for a diesel fed MPV, tough luck mate... I wouldn't recommend anything really at this point.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
07 Mitsubishi Adventure or 07 Toyota Innova or 07 Isuzu Crosswind