New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    you all have a point regarding the maintenance..is it bec of the usual change oil and tune up?or since its due for a timing belt/waterpump/pulley/etc when it hits 90k? ano usually that breaks down pag maluma? clearly the maintenance is the biggest factor im reading..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Regarding the innova,yes its spacious but it costs higher than a vios. plus i forgot to mention, we know the owner of the fort so assured that its flood free too

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can afford the daily upkeep of the Fort, particularly the fuel bills, then go for it. 70,000kms is not bad since that would mean the Fort did around 12,000kms per year at the average which is pretty spot on for a decently used car.

Things you'll have to do most likely when it hits 80,000kms:
    - replace serpentine belt
    - replace water pump
    - replace ATF, brake fluid, differential fluid. fuel filter, air filter, etc.
    - check the brakes and suspension
    - Clean the MAF sensor

If you're on a budget and you use the car a lot with a big concern for fuel expenses, the the Vios it is. Many, many years of fuel efficiency and low maintenance needs.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    If its the gas 2.7 VVT-i, its timing CHAIN so there is NO serpentine belt to replace. The 2.5 D-4D has timing belt.

The gas variant has a less costly maintenance cost than diesel.

IF you want to make the Fort to last longer down the line, it is better to do some precautionary and even unnecessary maintenance steps. Just bec. you don't do the maintenance now doesn't it will not break down immediately.

Initially, it would cost you more bec.

1. You need to replace the fluids (power steering, differential, brake, etc...) if they haven't been replaced yet. Check Radiator fluids and top up if necessary. Check condition of transmission fluid (through its dipstick).

2. Inspect belts (power steering, aircon, alternator, etc..).

3. Inspect tires. At that kind of mileage, the vehicle will probably be on its 2nd set of tires at 50% tread wear left.

4. Change oil and filter. Around > 5.2 liters + oil needed and lots of good aftermarket oil filters from Php 215 to 500.

5. Change spark plugs (if not yet replaced). Regular Denso are inexpensive.

6. Inspect brake pads (front) and brake shoe (rear)

There are also things that a Fort can that a Vios won't be able to. It is better to weigh the pro and cons of both and see how it fits your NEEDS.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kb821 View Post
    Regarding the innova,yes its spacious but it costs higher than a vios. plus i forgot to mention, we know the owner of the fort so assured that its flood free too
    i mean sir, 2nd hand Innova vs the 07 Fortuner, baka mas makakita ka mas bago nun compare sa Fortuner, sa ads kasi nakikita ko 700k plus un price top of the line ng 09 Innova vs 07 Fortuner di nagkakalayo price, 2 year difference din un, sa akin lang naman un sir pero as long na well kept, well maintained saka maganda naman un Fortuner na nakita nyo good buy pa din un sir

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you can afford it, you can afford it. If you can't, you can't. Just remember... fuel costs alone are an extra 25-50k pesos every year at 10,000 kilometers a year in traffic. I don't know about you, but I could do a lot with that much extra money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you can afford it, you can afford it. If you can't, you can't. Just remember... fuel costs alone are an extra 25-50k pesos every year at 10,000 kilometers a year in traffic. I don't know about you, but I could do a lot with that much extra money.
    Sir Niky is correct. With some number crunching, assuming the Fort does 6km/l vs the Vios at 12km/l. At 10,000km, the Fort will be consuming 1,667L of gas vs 833L of the Vios. That's 834L more gas for the Fort, which at P52/L = P43,368

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    family of 5, medyo masikip sa Vios.
    Fort ako, kung ok ang condition and properly maintained.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kb821 View Post
    LEFT]Good day sirs. Really need your inputs and opinions on this one since its really a hard choice for me. i will try to give the best breakdowns for each of my thoughts and specs of my choices. Currently i am looking at an 07 Fort 2.7 clocking at almost 70000 km in mileage but owner is claiming it is casa maintained since day 1. I shall try to check the casa itself for the records of the Fort. My other option is a brand new 1.3 vios m/t..The reason why i am pitting it with each other because the price of the fort that i am eyeing is slightly lower than the brand new Vios hence same price range so same money ilalabas lang. Im quite torn and undecided since we are a family of 5 pa.

Bahain ba area mo sir? Fort na lang.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Fortuner na lang. o kaya innova or tucson.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
07 Fortuner vs 2013 vios