New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Actually...

the best seat of SantaFe (if you're a passenger) is at the 3rd row. Don't believe me, try it for yourself

i know what you mean. its so low and relaxing, like seating on a low sofa with your back flat, haaaaaaay sarap!!!.
    but i have to do it at the center or my head will hit the ceiling.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whaa! Nalito ako sa post ko ah. CRDi pala ang Alterra, but I still like it, wala naman masyadong issue sa Engine. Sta Fe okay din but I still find it lacking in finishing touches.

Niky,
    Medyo nag-fade ang attraction ko sa Strada, hindi ko alam kung bakit. Hehe. Nagiging Isuzu fanboy na yata ako. wahahaha!

Back to topic, eto ang rating ko:

#1. Alterra
    #2. Everest
    #3. Sta Fe
    #4. Fortuner

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    i know what you mean. its so low and relaxing, like seating on a low sofa with your back flat, haaaaaaay sarap!!!.
    but i have to do it at the center or my head will hit the ceiling.
    Hmmmm intriguing. Masubukan nga yan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sta Fe okay din but I still find it lacking in finishing touches.
    It's actually the prettiest i've seen when we're shopping for an SUV because of its European looks (and design compliance). Out of curiosity, may i ask sir what you find lacking? thanks :-)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i dont like the 2nd row seats of fortuner. pang-pickup talaga eh, yun tipong lower than kneecaps yun butt mo. same reason why I didnt even bother with the old everest. I guess the new one is quite the same. lalo na siguro yun alterra. all pickup based. ever since I got our Sta Fe, hate na hate ko na dalhin yun strada ko. two thing that're making me keep my pickup is respetado ako sa daan coz I have the black over silver color. and sedans and other lower vehicles are a bit intimidated of the high ground clearance and large tires of the strada. and maintenance cost is so so low. tipong 1k+ lang every PMS.

the 2nd row seats of Santa Fe like yuich says, seats like a sofa. very useful if I'm planning to keep this vehicle for a long time. in the future, mag-dra-driver na lang ako. I hate parking, I hate searching for parking slots, I hate swerving, I hate Manila driving. gusto ko baba na lang ako sa driveway then text the driver pag aalis na. kaya for me, the Santa Fe will be a long-term investment. and best thing pa, low-profile pa ang Hyundai, di gaano mainit sa mata. pag minanalas ka na aanga-anga driver mo with a Fortuner, malamang agawin pa yun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It's actually the prettiest i've seen when we're shopping for an SUV because of its European looks (and design compliance). Out of curiosity, may i ask sir what you find lacking? thanks :-)
    Hi Horsepower,

The Sta Fe really looks great but I find the interior details lacking aesthetically. Sorry I can't further elaborate on the details because I saw the vehicle almost a month ago and the idea of lacking in interior touches stuck to my mind.

I might be doing some injustice to the vehicle and to the owners coz I've only seen one displayed in the vicinity of Global City. Just the usual inspection without the actual test drive. These are just my opinions anyway so I decided to post them.

If given a chance, I'll definitely take a closer look and test drive this vehicle. Na-intrigue din ako sa rear sofa seat na yan!

Hope I didn't cause stir among owners.

Anyway, I chose Alterra 1st because of space (taking aside the ingress egress issue at the rear seats- or maybe its just that my fanboy attitude is kicking in..hehe). The Everest on the other hand does not need to prove itself. The Sta Fe is always a head-turner for me at first look.
    Last edited by Djerms; January 17th, 2007 at 07:41 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May take on this.

Overall...

1. Santa Fe
    2. Everest
    3. Fortuner
    4. Alterra

===

By variant comparison...

Gasoline: Santa Fe 2.7L V6
    Diesel: Everest 3.0L TDCi, Santa Fe 2.2L CRdi*

Off-road biased: Everest 3.0L TDCi, Fortuner 3.0L D4D*
    On-road biased: Santa Fe (any variant), Everest 3.0L TDCi

===

Misc...

Budget: Fortuner 2.7L VVTi, Everest 2.5L TDCi*
    Seats for 7 pax: Fortuner, Santa Fe*
    Seats for 5 pax: Santa Fe, Fortuner*
    Overall Cargo Room: Fortuner, Alterra*
    Trunk Room (w/ seats up): Alterra, Everest*
    Trunk Room (w/ seats down): Fortuner, Alterra*
    Comfort: Santa Fe, Everest*
    Engine: tied Hyundai's 2.2L CRDi & Ford's 3.0L Duratorq TDCi
    Exterior: Santa Fe, Fortuner*
    Interior: Santa Fe, Everest*
    Features: Santa Fe, Alterra*
    Acceleration: Santa Fe 2.7L V6, Fortuner 2.7L VVTi*

Not Recommended: Fortuner 2.5L D4D, Alterra (any variant)

* - 2nd place in that category
    Last edited by mazdamazda; January 17th, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Hi Horsepower,

The Sta Fe really looks great but I find the interior details lacking aesthetically. Sorry I can't further elaborate on the details because I saw the vehicle almost a month ago and the idea of lacking in interior touches stuck to my mind.

Na-intrigue din ako sa rear sofa seat na yan!

this is also my first impression. design-wise IMO its really good, the dash and console panel finishing and materials are good. the part i dont really like is the door panel.looks a bit cramped and a bit cheap, fittings not done well. or i might just be that im comparing it to my civic where the interior design finishing was well done.
    in terms of color, i initially wanted the beige(toureg/cayenne look), but the quality of beige is not to my liking. it's cream-yellow rather than the ivory beige and i hate the red lining. i did'nt see the gray, but looks good in photos. black is just ok, although dumihin pag may kids ka. powder, bits of crackers and bread are so obvious.( sorry medyo off-topic n ko)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    actually the 2nd row seats of the Fortuner is one the best in this category and also the fortuner is the most versatile of them all!! kasi you can slide the 2nd row of the fort to give the 3rd row occupants more leg room.. and still give the 2nd row ample leg room.. Im 5'11 and I rode at my fort with the 2nd row pushed forward to its max and still find more leg room than my our old revo.. so space wise the fort is one of the roomiest in its class and more versatile because of the fold and tumble 2nd row and folding 3rd row seats.. then ung bounciness ng Fort na maraming umaangal.. check your Tire pressures kasi kdalasan nsa 40+psi ung mga un.. when I adjusted mine with 25psi Front, 30 Psi Back nwala ung bounciness nya!! nkita ko na ung baging alterra the interior is better than the older version of it.. kaya lang I still feel cramped inside!! tyka ung second row hindi fold and tumble kaya ung ingress and egress ng mga nasa third row mhirap tlaga..
    my suggestion is..
    Fortuner G 2.7 vvti (for me this is the best buy of the lot!!)
    Everest
    sta fe
    Alterra

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hayan na-islide pa pala ang 2nd row ng fortuner. parang mini-van seats lang pala kaya lang mataas. i'm pretty sure yan ang na-feel ko noon. hindi kaya namimitig mga paa ng riders sa likod kung long drive?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
07' everest or fortuner or alterra or sta. fe