New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hi sirs! newbie here planning to buy a pre-owned car my friend is selling me his 2006 toyota vios j gen1.5 color blaze red at 380k and my neighbor is selling her 2005 model honda city vtec at 360k.medyo naguguluhan po ako kung ano ang bibilin ko my budget po is 400-420k prefer ko po is subcompact sedan lang just sold my 2004 toyota altis 1.8g please help po...thanks in advance!
    -andrew

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the City since I don't want the lowest variant of the Vios (assuming that the City is not the lowest variant).

May I ask why you sold your Altis?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; March 2nd, 2010 at 08:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'd go for the City since I don't want the lowest variant of the Vios (assuming that the City is not the lowest variant).

May I ask why you sold your Altis?

hi cathy reason why i sold my altis? very poor fuel consumption 4kms/liter mileage only 47tkm sold it for only 380k

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ehrr. I`d get the city since the vios J doesn't get any usable features such as power windows, keyless entry etc.

However, is that the City with a CVT tranny ? Some owners got problems with it. Very hard and expensive thing to repair.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    if manual transmission yung city ill get the city may cvt prob kasi yan model na yan eh dont get the J wlaang power yun eh specially galing ka sa top of the line altis ma dissappoint ka lang

06 toyota vios j or 05 honda city vtec