New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    1st time to buy suv and is giving me a hard time which is the best for value of money, best performing and best looking or malakas ang dating (hehe)...
    i have a budget of 1.2m-1.5m, please help me choose
    i find these category very fierce
    thanks and more power

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa sorento ako
    diesel
    bang for the buck

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    rav 4 toyota high quality.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorento is bang for the buck. Value for money talaga.

Pero malakas ang appeal sa akin ng Vitara due to good experience with Zuks.

At the end of the day, Sorento pa din siguro because I like diesels and the Sorento has one of the best diesel motors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Between the RAV 4 and Grand Vitara, get the latter only if you have off-road trips. Otherwise the Toyota is the wiser choice. It has better looks, performance and perhaps economy, and the reputable long-term dependability.

Between Fortuner and Sorento, there's still a long line for the former, but it's certainly a bargain with all you get for the money. Some also say the D4-D is having problems with our low quality diesel, but you might want to go to a Toyota dealership to clarify on this. The Kia is a nice alternative, but there's no third row I think.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can't lose with any of your choices. But if I had to choose, It'd be the Rav4. Get the 4x4 though. The 4x2 is too bare.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Between the new RAV4 and the Grand Vitara, I would go for the Suzuki. Both RAV4 and Vitara, have a splitting image, but it is Vitara that wins in the looks department. The RAV4 is just way too pricey in either 4x2 or 4x4 form. And there is also the issue of limited number of units avaialble (60 units per dealer for the year 2006). On the other hand, the Vitara is very affordable for its price and the features that it comes packing. The Vitara has a ladder frame chassis which gives it a more rigid body for off-roading but at the price of a bit of bumpiness. BTW, both vehicles are manufactured and imported from Japan, if that gives the buying public any comfort.

Sorento:no comment.

Overall, I'd say pick the Fortuner over the others anytime, but only if you dont have to wait in the "line".

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    The RAV4 is simply in a different league than the Sorento and Grand Vitara. Not in class, but the former is more of a sporty tarmac handler and the other two is more on the off-road able side. (Speaking of 4x4 models)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grand vitara..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    what can you say about the after sales of suzuki baka dyan kasi magkaproblema, yung fortuner nakakabwisit pinadadagdag ako ng 50k tapos nakaleather seats na so additional 60k na naman

magiging everyday use ko sya and at least once a month out of town trips... so which is really a wise investment that will not cause me any trouble lets say for 4 years straight

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
06 rav4 vs 06 G. Vitara or fortuner vs sorento