New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Sirs and Ma'ams: I planning to trade in my BMW for either an 06 RAV4 (new look) or an 05 Fortuner (4x2). Please advice which one should i get. Any advice will be much appreciated. Salamat po ng marami.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Depends on your needs:

The Fortuner can accomodate 7 passengers, while the Rav4 can hold 5.

The Rav4 is better in carrying cargo inside with its second row fold flat seats and the absense of any seats in the cargo area or third row (which the Fortuner has).

Fortuner is better for those rough provincial roads and city flash floods.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    im more concerned with the handling rather than anything else. a lot of posts here have complained that driving the fortuner feels like driving a truck. does the rav4 have better handling? its it more driver-friendly?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    and since i dont normally go to rough roads, which one will be most ideal? thanks again

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    and since i dont normally go to rough roads, which one will be most ideal? thanks again
    with what you have mentioned, go with RAV4. fortuner just too bouncy for your taste. since your old ride is a bimmer, RAV4 is gas, so not a big change, although fortuner can either be gas or diesel.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    RAV4 is a cross-over and Fortuner is a truck so definitely for city driving mas ayos ang RAV4.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    im more concerned with the handling rather than anything else. a lot of posts here have complained that driving the fortuner feels like driving a truck. does the rav4 have better handling? its it more driver-friendly?
    sir william tell, i drive my sister's new gen rav every now and then, and its handling is smooth and very much car-like (the way a crossover is made to be). with the needs you have mentioned, this is the suv for you.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If handling is your focus, then definitely the Rav4.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A LOT.

Not just the handling... the ride... interior materials used... etc.

bigbigcar.com Review: Nissan Frontier Navara 4x4 LE MT

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Remember RAV4 is also a global vehicle available in developed countries. The Fortuner is mostly in Asia and Africa...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
06 RAV4 (New Look) vs.05 Fortuner (4x2)