New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ask lang po guys.

We own a 1998 Mits. Adv. GLS 2.5dsl and its really on the process of negotiating with my husband para mag upgrade na. Our Advie really served us well it was our first car. And hindi kami nagsisi sa decision na iyon.

Now with a budget of around 500k-600k sa tingin po namin ang magandang vehicle for an upgrade would be ’04-’05 Ford Everest diesel or ’05-’06 Toyota Innova diesel.

Gusto po sana namin malaman ang mga reaction nyo regarding:
    Fuel Consumption of its diesel engine
    Maintenance of the two
    Comfort ng driver and passengers
    Etc.

Sana po mabigyan nyo kami ng inputs about these two great vehicles.
    Salamat po ng marami.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    With your criteria its a one sided victory for Innova.

Fuel consumption og the old Everest was pathetic (1st gen).
    Maintenance of the Innova being a Toyota will be much better than the old first gen Everest
    Comfort... Everest, what comfort. Matagtag yang 1st gen kaliga siguro ng Fortuner pre-facelift!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pls read lng po ang toyota thread about problems ng innova 2005 diesel d4d models nasa sticky thread po sya. your decision po after mong mabasa.happy new year .

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    innova nalang. d tlaga maganda gamitin ung everest 1st gen. hina hatak, lakas sa diesel, laki ng turning radius, tagtag. pero mas pogi sya kesa innova.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    With your criteria its a one sided victory for Innova.

Fuel consumption og the old Everest was pathetic (1st gen).
    Maintenance of the Innova being a Toyota will be much better than the old first gen Everest
    Comfort... Everest, what comfort. Matagtag yang 1st gen kaliga siguro ng Fortuner pre-facelift!
    Innova maintenance is pricey.

but you're better off with the innova than the 1st gen everest.

comfier, mas matipid, better interior and better power to weight-ratio.

we had to choose between the two vehicles in the last buy. Pagpasok sa everest, putek, 1st generation ranger yung interior!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've had both vehicles (Innova 2.5 d4d J m/t, G a/t and Everest 2.5 4x2 a/t).

Innova:
    - Better Comfort
    - Easier to maneuver in the city
    - Better FC (averaged around 10 to 11km/l in city driving and 14 to 16 km/l in the highway at 100kph or less with the m/t)
    - Parts are somewhat cheaper

Everest:
    - Tough suspension; we upgraded the shocks to Old Man Emu to better the ride. If you drive on rough roads a lot this would be a plus to the Everest with its stouter tires and suspension set-up
    - Good power (the 2.5 a/t could reach around 175kph on NLEX and had no problem overtaking during our long trips up north)
    - No engine problems whatsoever and takes whatever fuel you can throw at it with its old-school diesel system. The problem a friend encountered before was hard starting and smoke which turned out to be his glow plugs which were faulty.
    - FC is in the 6 to 7km/l range for the a/t model. On highways expect around 10 to 12 unless you're really hard on the pedal all the way.

Given a choice based on my experience with both and the kind of useage i have (city driving in the week and out of town in the province during weekends), i'd still get an Everest.

Both are generally good vehicles overall, i think the deal maker really is to find one (whether it be a Eve or Innova) in good condition within your price budget. A lot of Everest units you may see would be really well-used IMO.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Fuel Consumption goes to the Innova.

Maintenance doesn't matter. I believe that it's parts isn't that hard to find since the the everest was released for 2 years before it was changed .. same goes to the Innova. However ... the maintenance cost of the everest is obviously higher than the Innova. Knowing ford ... ;)

Comfort, still ... it goes to the innova.

To be safe ... if you prefer the innova ... get the gas. Avoid the diesel ones ... just check the d4d problems thread.

Everest is better when it goes to off-roading. Just check the wheels.

Anyways ... if it was me to pick.

Everest diesel vs. Innova diesel ? Get the Eve.

Everest diesel vs. Innova gas ? Get the Innova.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thank you very much for the inputs guys.

Maybe we can deal with the lower mileage/km and higher cost of maintenance of the Everest (it's SUV, kaya mas mahal.) compared to Innova that has engine problems (besides, Everest is really my dream SUV, hehehe! babaw!).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GODofZEUS View Post

Maybe we can deal with the lower mileage/km and higher cost of maintenance of the Everest (it's SUV, kaya mas mahal.) compared to Innova that has engine problems (besides, Everest is really my dream SUV, hehehe! babaw!).
    We have a 2006 innova. 130,000+ km on the clock. we're really very satisfied with it.

And you might want to consider the fuel efficiency of the vehicle you're getting, since pump prices are beginning to climb again

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GODofZEUS View Post

On the maintenance of the Everest, just don't rely on the CASA and it will be pretty affordable. Buy your parts in Banawe and go to your suking talyers; its a very straightforward truck to maintain as long as the previous owner did not abuse the hell out of it. I've seen flooded Everests being driven to the shop after Ondoy on its own power (sans electritcals and with bashed up windows and body panels). If you have an m/t model and the FC should be better (expect around 8.5 to 10km/L).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'04-'05 Ford Everest or '05-'06 Toyota Innova