New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    trading in my BMW for any of these SUVs... this will be my third car. i have a jazz for everyday use, a pick up for heavy loads. any advice which i should get. any comments will be greatly appreciated. salamat. -- add na din 03 Trooper

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Durango, mahirap parts

CRV malakas sa gas

Pajero na lang siguro.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i wont choose any of the above

durango - no need to explain further

2nd gen crv - looks like an auv

pajero - drives like a tank. never again old school diesel
    if not for these three, what do you think will be the best SUV for me? a trooper? xtrail? rav4? fortuner? thanks

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i wont choose any of the above

durango - no need to explain further

2nd gen crv - looks like an auv

pajero - drives like a tank. never again old school diesel
    sorry for the ignorance, but can you explain why i should not choose the durango? (when you mentioned 'no need to explain further'? thanks for the patience

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    dodge are thirsty vehicles. if it breaks up, it's as good as dead(that is if you live in the philippines).
    cr-v - thirsty even for a 2 liter although you'll begin to appreciate it on the inclines and mountains
    pajero - no comment
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    sorry for the ignorance, but can you explain why i should not choose the durango? (when you mentioned 'no need to explain further'? thanks for the patience
    Same here. Can some of you quantify your answers aside from the usual chorus regarding its fuel economy? This is especially important if the TS does not consider fuel economy as an issue.

After all, even the pundits find the all-new CRV as a guzzler.

Last edited by Memphis Raines; December 21st, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Same here. Can some of you quantify your answers aside from the usual chorus regarding its fuel economy? This is especially important if the TS does not consider fuel economy as an issue.

After all, even the pundits find the all-new CRV as a guzzler.

My uncle in northern Nevada has a 1st gen V-8 Durango. It's been relatively problem-free and drives quite well off road in the high desert and snow. It's also been used to tow a boat to the lake and back every summer. It's seen 10 winters and my uncle don't seem inclined to trade it in just yet.

Gas mileage is normal as far as V-8s go. But, it's utility more than made up for it.

Personally, I'd get a crossover if it's just for hauling people.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 22nd, 2008 at 07:06 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pajero na..old school nga reliable naman..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    someone offered me a 1998 Mitsubishi Pajero Fieldmaster V6, Dubai Version. Its the gasoline version, has only 79tkms orig mileage, original left hand drive and all options including sunroof. The car was painted last June with PPG carshow finish (Dark Brown) and the look was modified into the european version pajero. Currently the SUV also sits on a set of 20 inch impoted rims with 85% Falken tires. --- any comments? thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajero na....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
03 Dodge Durango vs. 05 CRV vs. 02 Mitsubishi Pajero