New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hello im planning to buy a car this week but im having a hard time deciding what to buy. the altis 1.8g and vios 1.5g are being sold in the 400-450k range so both are within my budget. i know that there are comparison in other threads but by reading those threads im still confused hehe. Here's what i want to know to help me decide. whats the difference between the speed of cars in terms of acceleration? kasi altis has the power ect button unlike vios which doesnt have one. How's the performance of an automatic vios compared sa altis 1.8? which car is more faster to accelerate? kasi my current car is a 1998 corolla 1.6gli a/t and ang bagal niya lalo na pag full load super bagal na humatak hirap na magovertake pag gamit ko siya sa out of town trips. I know na mas malaki makina ng altis pero kasi mas mabigat din siya so im not sure kung faster ba siya sa vios and kung sino mas ok transmission and mas ok din yung handling. hope you guys can help me decide. thanks

Use of the car is for daily use and occasional out of town trips with 4 passengers.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Get the Altis, It's the best for you since it's daily driven and you usually load up to 4 passengers.

Acceleration? The 1.8G of course accelerates faster than an a/t Vios.

It's better valued too compared to the 1.5 Vios.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Altis. The acceleration is very good (although if I were you, I'd stay away from Toyotas with A/T) moreso if you get one with a M/T.

The Vios is just cramped.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1 on the Altis. Much, much better car... plusher, better seats, more kit. Not as fuel efficient, but not bad in terms of fuel consumption.

The 1.8 Altis has long gearing, but it's got a very strong midrange. It's definitely quicker than the 1.5 AT Vios, and not much slower than the 1.5 MT.

If acceleration is a problem, get a manual car. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    + 1 for Altis...

the Altis is bigger although it's just 170kg heavier than the Vios, so power to weight is just about the same. ECT also helps in extracting the most out of the engines capability.

aside from that it has features unavailable in the 04 prefacelifted Vios.
    15in mags, ABS, EBD, BA, 4 wheel disc brakes, split folding seats, leather interior, better 2din stereo, optitron gauges, power driver's seats etc.

02 Altis 1.8g a/t vs. 04 vios 1.5g A/T