New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hey guys i need some help..im in the market for a second hand car about 400-500k,, my choices inlcude the toyota altis 1.6G, 02/03 honda civic vtis or the 05 jazz or a 05 vios...

im having a hard time contemplating what car to get.... i want a car with a smooth ride and decent looking (interior and exterior).. i also want something that in the long run could still be sweet ride, meaning its not very hard to maintain.... im not familiar with the differences between these cars so any enlightenment would be appreciated,,

plus if you know anyone selling this car at my price range.please let me know..thank you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    go for the altis , bulletproof, way better ride and reliabilty compared to the hondas hindi ka magsisi plus presentable

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among your choices, i would go for the altis. my second will be the VTi.
    although the jazz is not a bad choice too, pero kung may space requirements ka, mukhang di pwede ito sa iyo.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    your preferences seem to point at the altis

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if it were up to me, i'd choose the jazz a/t. stress free driving all the way

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given your preferences, seems to be the Altis. The ride of the Jazz at the rear is a bit trashy from what i heard.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If a smooth ride is what you're after, the Altis is okay. The Civic would be a bit softer, actually (paradoxically), as the Altis's ride isn't exactly that soft.

If you're looking at ATs, the Altis might give you slightly better fuel economy than the Civic. The Jazz would beat them both handily in that regard.

The Jazz might not have the space of the Civic or the Corolla, but as long as you're not carrying five people long distance, it's okay (it'll seat four over long distances comfortably, except for those of us for whom the seat cushion is too short). And the cargo ability of the Jazz is unbeatable by cars in this size range.

The only real headache with the Jazz is the stiff suspension, which may lead to prematurely worn bushings. Any trim imperfections should have been addressed by the owner by now. Otherwise, with its 10k service interval, ultra-low fuel consumption, and lively performance, it'd be my choice. I still think 400k+++ is too much for an 02 Altis, and most of them are selling for that much.

And, dammit! It's just so gosh-darn cute!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thankx guys your replies would help

the reason i included the jazz in my choices is that its a more recent model so i thought perhaps it has a better technology and appearance compared to the 2002/2003 altis and civic... and maybe by getting the jazz its going to be worth my 400k

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    2005 model jazz are in the sub 500K or sligtly over 500k price mark. I think you will have a hard time looking for a good 2nd hand jazz that's selling for only 400K.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    go for the altis , bulletproof, way better ride and reliabilty compared to the hondas hindi ka magsisi plus presentable
    Literal ba ito?

02 1.6 altis G vs.02 Civic Vtis vs. 05 jazz??