New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i need to make an urgent decision as to which car to get, i dont really know much about cars and its performance so i only base my shallow judgement on the interior and exterior looks. i am currently considering a 2001 nissan grandeur- the 1 with sunroof... i really like the interior of the car, it is well maintained evethough its an 8 years old car. on the other hand, i am also considering a 2004 chevrolet optra which was offered in a very cheap price,,, could you please give me your advice on this... i need to make decision by tomorrow.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If you like good old Japanese reliability and frugality(good fuel consumption) go for the Nissan, but if you want good modern design and don't mind the awful resale value go for the Chevrolet.
    Some facts you might want to know, the Optra is a rebadged Daewoo Lacetti which means its "KOREAN" built and designed in the same country, so spare parts would be hard to find or EXPENSIVE. The Optra has been only in the Philippine market for 6 years while the Nissan (Sentra) has been around for decades; a "true symbol of reliability", and I have also heard of stories that at 100kph+ the optra is really loud and noisy compared to same year models of other japanese car brands.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thanks sm2b, yes i just heard lots of negative reactions about the optra... i will confirm with the nissan owner that im getting it na... it was my first love anyway ;). many thanks...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My friend Optra was sold to him at cheaper price brand new at that time because it was a raffle car . what his comments . It consumed more fuel , The parts more expensive.The resale value is low.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For your peace of mind, just take the Sentra.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir magkano mo nakuha ung grandeur mo? Post some pics nman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    o.t. konti

s opinion ko lng, pag bibili ng second hand car mas priority ko kung ano edad ng kotse mas prefer ko ung 5yrs old pababa and 50,000km pababa. kac based sa experience ko ung honda sir ko very well maintained kaso pag lagpas nya ng 5yrs old dami na lumalabas na sakit nauubos lng pera ko sa kakapagawa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    o.t. konti

s opinion ko lng, pag bibili ng second hand car mas priority ko kung ano edad ng kotse mas prefer ko ung 5yrs old pababa and 50,000km pababa. kac based sa experience ko ung honda sir ko very well maintained kaso pag lagpas nya ng 5yrs old dami na lumalabas na sakit nauubos lng pera ko sa kakapagawa.

[SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT format.

READ the RULES.
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Meron kaming exalta grandeur 2001 yata or 2000 sya.

Good condition pa rin, ang kadalasang problema lang nya ay yung power windows, mga 3x na syang pumalpak pero madali lang maayos.

Comfortable sa loob nya, sobra lamig ng aircon at syempre may built-in lcd tv na sya sa loob.

Ang problema lang doon ay madami gasgas na bumber nya, isinabit kasi sa may gutter sa parking

Other than the problem with the power windows, wala na akong masasabing masama pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra all the way!!!

01 exalta grandeur vs 04 optra