New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    guys ok pa ba bumili ng mitsubishi grandis na bago? i heard na parang discontinued na yata production nito. hindi na nga yata ito inuupdate. tama ba? sayang at maganda sana kung may new model. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yep..i think there was no update on this model..I heard parang nakasale pa yata. Sana kse nilagyan nila ng DiD engine...oks na oks to para sana ke misis..lakas kse sa gas nyan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, if you really like the car, why not? By now they should be giving you excellent deals for this one. The car itself is definitely good as it rides on the Galant's platform, and uses the Galant's engine so it goes without saying that the ride comfort and performance is excellent and it will surely trump the Previa in terms of performance and handling. But be ready for the executive sedan maintenance and fuel appetite as well.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Indeed...sarap tlaga ng ride and performance neto..I've driven once na ng pinapagdrive ko puntang airport ng cousin ni misis. If Mitshubishi Phil..will just modify it a bit..say salpakan ng crdi engine..a few cosmetics upgrade and hid lamps..bentang benta na ulet eto.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh well... Just maintain it regularly and keep a very light foot that should give you much better fuel mileage. And I believe the Grandis has manual shift override? Keeping the rpms low should help much too.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    To the TS, I think it is still a good buy and bough one last Feb. Even in our neighbors sa ASEAN, the Grandis' shape is still the same and when I was in Singapore and iba lang is the grill and side skirts while sa Thailand, they have a sportier version with 17" mags and different grill. Although the design is a bit old na introduced 6 years ago, the shape and looks still looks frsh and I guess due to the fact that it is not a volume seller.

What I like:
    1. Ride is really good and not as bouncy as an SUV since it is derived from the Galant Platform
    2. Cabin is silent, I guess it also helps that the engine is gasoline
    3. Good acceleration - drove it several times to Subic and Tagaytay and it had no problem accelerating and going uphill even with a full load
    4. Options, options - HID, 2 DIN DVD HU (although I changed mine immediately), leather seats
    5. 3rd row - when not in use the 3rd row folds fully flat so you can fully utilize the trunk plus the 3rd row has good legroom compared to the likes of the Montero
    6. There is not much out there so there is a feel of exclusivity
    7. Maintainance cost cheaper to maintain than a diesel SUV

Cons:
    1. FC I average about 6-6.5 km/l city driving and about 10-12 highway. I think its acceptable for the engine size and I am ok with it.
    2. Transmission - it has a 4 speed A/T I am ok with it, but how I wished there was an extra gear.

I think it is still a good buy especially with the huge discounts that they are giving now. Since it being a Mitsubishi and share many common parts with other Mitsu models, it is easy to get parts not just from the CASA but also from your 3rd party vendors.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    AFAIK 1.158M nalang price ng Mitsubishi Grandis, malaki discount.

Sulit yan. I want that car ever since, kaso di pa ako pamilyado kaya sayang din extra seats

is it worth buying at this time a mitsubishi grandis (brand new)