New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    yup, whether i'm buying or selling, no test drive no deal.

unless it's on a "as is where is" basis kind of deal wherein the buyer takes much risk BUT at a lesser asking price. this is mostly the arrangement when 2nd hand dealers buy your car.
    Style nga ng buy and sell yan. Sasakay, start, rev ng kaunti, buksan aircon... tapos tawad na malaki.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I allow test drives. Pero lahat naman ng napagbentahan ko were either kakilala or friends of friends.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Say you are selling your car and the prospective buyer wants to test-drive it, will you allow him/her to test-drive?

I'm asking this coz, most of the prospective buyers are dismayed when I tell them that I do not allow test-drive to eliminate any hassle when something (as in accident) happens during the time he/she is test-driving my car.

The most I can do is drive my car myself while the prospective buyer sits on the passenger seat.

What's your take?

By the way, I am not a buy & sell agent, I am an individual selling my own car.

For me, if I am buying a 2nd hand car (and I have), a test drive will be an important part of assessing the car. If the seller does not let me test drive the car, I will just walk away and look for another one. One major reason why a test drive is important is it lets the buyer feel the car, any major mechanical problems can manifest itself through how the car behaves during the test drive. Example, years ago, I test drove a very clean Corolla AT. It looks very good inside and out. But in my test drive, the automatic tranny was giving us a bad case of shift shock every time it changed gears when the car accelerating.

If you are worried about getting into an accident, you can minimize the problems by having the test drive in an area where the traffic is low.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for all the replies.

So generally, if you are the seller, you will allow test-drive as long as within a prescribed & low traffic route, preferably in you village/ subdivision and only you & the buyer inside the car.

If you are the buyer, you will insist on a test-drive else you walk away. The seller might be hiding something.

Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    i'll walk away if no test drive, anyway anong car binebenta?
    I am selling my 2008s Kia Carens

Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    put a small note in the windshield..

If you break it You Buy it.
    Kung ikaw ang buyer, papayag ka ba pumirma ng 'quit claim' sort of agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Yeah I probably will allow a test drive, but as mentioned above, in a relatively controlled environment for security's sake.
    Siguro dun na lang sa village namin, madami naman lubak dun & humps.

One buyer kasi wants to test-drive in the Villamor- Naia3 route. Dun ako kinakabahan, baka kasi masagi ng jeep or tricycle or yung potential buyer mismo ang maka-bangga. Sino sasagot ng danyos-perwisyo pag ganun ang nangyari?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yes I do,- I am selling something and so the buyer has the right to check it out. It is not cheap and I assume he's paying hard earned money for it...

Pero, dito lang sa village namin, na bawal ang hataw.... And of course, our garage is our selling point na talagang alaga ang mga sasakyan....

18.2K:soccer2:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    nung binenta yung city namin dati, tinest drive din nung nakabili at nasa driver side seat ako. nagikot ikot kami ang wala naman naging issue. parang malabo ka kasi makabenta ng 2nd hand na vehicle ng hindi pinapa test drive, kung ako yung buyer hindi rin ako papayag.

kung familiar at malapit lang din naman sa inyo yung NAIA3 - Villamore route eh sa tingin ko ok lng. as long as nasa sa drivers side ka. pero kung tipong tiga Bulacan ka at dun niya gusto itest drive ay magduda ka na. kung nabanga niya natural siya dapat magbayad.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post

One buyer kasi wants to test-drive in the Villamor- Naia3 route. Dun ako kinakabahan, baka kasi masagi ng jeep or tricycle or yung potential buyer mismo ang maka-bangga. Sino sasagot ng danyos-perwisyo pag ganun ang nangyari?
    sir malapit lang siguro kayo sa area na yan. reason siguro kaya nya gusto dyan kasi he can drive the car fast and test the engine (if maayos at walang usok) and the brakes (kung malakas at walang ingay). pero if malayo kayo sa area na yan at dyan nya gusto, naku baka di maganda plano nya kasi skyway -slex area na yan kung saan pwede na nya itakbo car mo.

pero a must sa buyer ang pag test drive ang car na bibilhin nya, pero inside the subdivision would suffice to test the engine, brakes and suspension. hindi naman luma at good condition naman car mo kaya some test driving would suffice.

bear in mind yung nangyari kay benson evangelista, bading pa ang nag pose as the buyer (para di nakaka duda) with his mechanic (kuno na meron baril pala). if you will allow a test drive, then dapat isa lang plus you and a companion(preferably another guy) then they will leave their car sa house nyo with whoever is with him (he must bring the keys of their car with him on the test drive para pag itakbo man yun car mo, iwan yung car nya sa inyo, unless it was a carnapped car).

kung ang worry mo naman eh baka ma accidente yung nag test drive, then just make it clear to him that if anything happens during the test drive, then he is liable for it.
    Last edited by yourman_2nd; February 22nd, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yun nga brandnew car nag oofer ng test drive eh.. 2nd hand pa

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    I think you should only allow the test drive if you feel you are safe. The test drive place should also be chosen by you not the buyer.

Always prioritize your safety.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I think test drive is part of SOP when buying/selling a 2nd hand vehicle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast