New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i am planning to buy a car... but i have a budget constraint... i would like to get suggestions from you guys which car brand/ make/ model to get... :roll: thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much is your budget exactly?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    600k... maximum... sorry, kuripot... this is my first car of my own kasi... kaya i'm looking for the entry-level cars only... which is the best brand kaya... in terms of performance and all???:wink:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among 1.3L engined cars, the exalta GX is the biggest and has the most powerful engine. :D

sHoCkAbSoRbEr,

check your private messages. 8)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    k, papa tots! i'll consider nissan also...:wink: i'll try to visit nissan mantrade this afternoon or on monday... thanks!

guys, do you have any bad experience on nissan? well, it really depends on how you use it but then i am thinking in terms of its engine, aircon and the like...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why don't you just by a higher level 2nd hand car for that price? Most used cars selling at that price belong to the Php 1M bracket when they were brand new so most were well taken care of (most owners could afford religious maintenance and were afraid of breaking their Php 1M++ investment).

Besides, most people won't even know you bought a used car. hehehe.

Saka entry level cars don't make good investments. Mabilis sila maluma (mabilis ang palitan ng modelo at the lower end of the food chain). With an higher level car, when something breaks, you still feel like its worth repairing (i.e. afrasay always opening up the transmission of his Pajero just for fun) pero kapag entry-level iisipin mong malulugi ka lang kapag ipapagawa mo pa and the tendency will be to sell na lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why don't you just by a higher level 2nd hand car for that price? Most used cars selling at that price belong to the Php 1M bracket when they were brand new so most were well taken care of (most owners could afford religious maintenance and were afraid of breaking their Php 1M++ investment).

Saka entry level cars don't make good investments. Mabilis sila maluma (mabilis ang palitan ng modelo at the lower end of the food chain). With an higher level car, when something breaks, you still feel like its worth repairing (i.e. afrasay always opening up the transmission of his Pajero just for fun) pero kapag entry-level iisipin mong malulugi ka lang kapag ipapagawa mo pa and the tendency will be to sell na lang. Why don't you just by a higher level 2nd hand car for that price? Most used cars selling at that price belong to the Php 1M bracket when they were brand new so most were well taken care of (most owners could afford religious maintenance and were afraid of breaking their Php 1M++ investment).

Saka entry level cars don't make good investments. Mabilis sila maluma (mabilis ang palitan ng modelo at the lower end of the food chain). With an higher level car, when something breaks, you still feel like its worth repairing (i.e. afrasay always opening up the transmission of his Pajero just for fun) pero kapag entry-level iisipin mong malulugi ka lang kapag ipapagawa mo pa and the tendency will be to sell na lang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup correct ako rin puro 2nd hand ang cars ko

browse ka sa car exchange si andeyyy may for sale 99 Civic Vti
    under 500T

points to ponder
    -let the first buyer take the depreciation hit
    -sa mga dealers meron used car for sale (eg. ford) under warranty nila
    -usually maraming na nakukuhang kotse ang mga banks tapos they sell it, minsan ala
    pang one year yung car
    -since ala pang one year ang car usually under warranty pa yan
    -no brand new car smell, but you still have money left in your bank

browse ka na lang sa mga threads dito on how to check on 2nd cars

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also have a '98 Honda Civic VTi A/T for sale. Ngayon ko lang naalala hindi kasi rush sale ito. Casa maintained. Classmate ko ang gumagamit. Php 380K siya pero VERY negotiable. All stock. Silver ang kulay.

kimpOy,

Pareho pala tayo ng buying habits, ha. Hehehe. Allergic ako sa brand new, eh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the inputs but then again i am still not positive in buying 2nd hand cars, whether it's high end or low end one... since it is my first owned car, i don't wanna encounter irritating problems such as overheating or needing to replace defective parts--- this is just like putting money out of the bank again after spending much... hmm...

unlike for the past few years since college, i am not worried about my car's wear-outs... given that i have my parents to pay for it... :lol:

moreso, on buying 2nd hand cars, the resale value could be a way down lower and at the i end i'll feel like a looser... :cry:

pagnakabihis naman ang auto mo hindi naman ganun kadali maluma, diba? i am thinking of getting a city typeZ kasi and have it dressed :?: and i believe honda has a higher resale value...

kimpoy, i would also wanna take a look on the cars from banks! :D baka sakaling maka mura... thanks!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
buying entry-level cars