New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    but we go back to the TS's question: what is the legal age to own a vehicle? :D
    I answered that already, 18. i was just explaining further the significance of the age of majority and his capacity to enter into contracts and why it is required to have such capacity.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    imho it is possible that a child can own a car. in my example, sure he can't register it in his name but he owns the car by donation not thru its registration. as far as responsibilities that goes with the ownership, of course the parents will have to step up in the meantime.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    no legal age to own a car. right age to drive legally? yes he/she must be 18 years old.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    - what happened? the thread title is - "right age of owning a vehicle"
    Deleted post. Meron tayong members hindi marunong...sumunod sa forum rules eh. Post na lang ng post kung saan saan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^legal age to own---speaks of capacity. capacity is important for so many reasons, one of them i can always think of is the right party to be sued in case of liability. liabilty, lots of people may be liable, but at the end of the controversy you proceed against one.

legal age to drive (legally), this is another concern. TS asks: WHAT IS THE LEGAL AGE TO OWN VEHICLE po.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    imho it is possible that a child can own a car. in my example, sure he can't register it in his name but he owns the car by donation not thru its registration. as far as responsibilities that goes with the ownership, of course the parents will have to step up in the meantime.
    the query is: LEGAL AGE TO OWN A VEHICLE, boss. in your example, what you were talking about was BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^tsip that's like splitting hairs at this point :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^tsip that's like splitting hairs at this point :D
    ^^di po beacause beneficial ownership(your example) is entirely different from the TS's query. one is just distinct from the other.

if we end up splitting a strand, so be it. it may be, on its face, just the same bananas; but, they may be of the different variety. distinction is important po. we just can't avoid that if we want to be precise.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    here's an example, my sister's 2006 minicooper was legally owned (nakapangalan to) by my 7 y/o. nephew. btw they are based in south san francisco Ca.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^the TS is from tagaytay.

there's that inevitable hairline distinction for some issues e...and sometimes we go as far as holding the property in trust for the benefit of another. heheheh

saan na kaya si Ghetto? nagda drive na yun...wehehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
what is the legal age to own a vehicle?