New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    paano kung ang first owner(father) ay patay na at nakapangangalan sa kanya ang OR/CR at ibebenta na ng kanyang anak, anong mga papers na kelangan ko hingin sa seller?

ibebenta lang nila yung car kasi madami na sila bagong car, they are upgrading their old cars to new models.

btw, first owned pa yung car ng family nila, at yung anak na nagbenta may ari sila ng hotel and they owned lots of cars, benz, bmw, expedition, innovas etc... so di naman concern yung reason for selling, concern ko lang yung legality.

kelangan pa ba ng photocopy ng ID nung first owner (dad ng nagbenta) na patay na? or a document stating minana na ng kanyang anak yung Car?
    Guys need your help.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i was in the same situation as you are now. in my case ako ang seller. my father died and binenta ko yung car na naka pangalan sa kanya. i openly told the buyer that my dad has died. He agreed to the idea that i could just forge the signature of my dad on the deed of sale. That was 14 years ago.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks wakin for sharing.

If I happen to be the seller, I would not have any problem doing so.
    But I will be the buyer and the risk is just high of having any legality issues in the future. I don't want to have any headache in the future. But I really don't know what documents should I ask on the seller side.

btw, forging the signature can be traced right and might present additional problem later on? -might been thinking as last resort for faster transaction ...

guys, need more of your help and experience what to do ...

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since it's the seller's dad. The car is part of the inheritance, so dapat lahat ng heirs (mother if still living, and siblings, if any) pipirma sa deed of sale, tapos hingin mo rin death cert. Yun lang daw accdg to the lawyer beside me. hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nice, ang bilis may lawyer agad sa tabi mo ;)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kakaiba kasi yung situation ng buyer so na-curious ako kung ano nga ang kailangan at ang pinakamaganda talaga solution ay magtanong sa lawyer. hehe
    Last edited by Horsepower; June 5th, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

what document to ask on the seller(son) when the owner(father) is dead?