New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hello. My first post.

Long story short.

I lost my original CR. Kahit yung photocopy wala akong kopya. I got my OR with me. A guy from LTO is charging me a hefty amount to get me a CR. Nasa Ilocos kasi naka-register ang auto so sasagutin ko lahat pati pamasahe nung runner. It's around 9k plus 2k sa PNP clearance.

My question is: tama ba? Di ba computerized na ang LTO and I can request it here sa Manila without going thru the hassles?

I said I'll call him within the week for my decision. I'm just looking for other options.

TIA. More power to tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    first owner ka ba?? na try mo na sa dealer??

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    first owner ka ba?? na try mo na sa dealer??
    Third owner na ako. I asked the second owner, yung pinagbilhan ko, wala siyang kopya nung CR. I lost it when I moved to another house. The past 5 years, OR lang dala ko, napaparehistro ko naman, sinasabi ko na lang na I lost it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    diba pwede dyan ang simpleng affidavit of loss?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    diba pwede dyan ang simpleng affidavit of loss?
    How? I'm really sorry, I don't know how the process goes. First time ko na gagawin ito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the problem is you need to get it from where you first registered in this case ilocos, yun ang problema malayo kasi...

affidavit of loss, ok na yan..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    You really have to request for the duplicate copy of the CR kung saan talaga unang nakarehistro yung sasakyan. AFAIK, provide the LTO with an affidavit of loss and affidavit of warranty (??). We just requested for a duplicate copy of the CR last month, at yun ang hiningi ng LTO. May template naman sila nun, binayaran na lang namin.

In our case, malaking hassle talaga ang makipag-deal with the LTO. Nasayang yung 5 working days ng tao ko, kasi yun lang ang inasikaso niya. If you can afford the 9k, (assuming na legit documents naman ang ibibigay sa yo), then I'd recommend taking their offer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all posters are correct, its either you get a copy from where the vehicle was originally registered when it was bought brand new. If the car was registered in Sultan Kudarat, then you have to get a copy there.

and yes, an affidavit of loss submitted to the LTO Central can also do. Medyo mabusisi lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by idoynewbie View Post
    Hello. My first post.

Long story short.

I lost my original CR. Kahit yung photocopy wala akong kopya. I got my OR with me. A guy from LTO is charging me a hefty amount to get me a CR. Nasa Ilocos kasi naka-register ang auto so sasagutin ko lahat pati pamasahe nung runner. It's around 9k plus 2k sa PNP clearance.

My question is: tama ba? Di ba computerized na ang LTO and I can request it here sa Manila without going thru the hassles?

I said I'll call him within the week for my decision. I'm just looking for other options.

TIA. More power to tsikot.

I don't think they need to go to Ilocos to straighten things out dude. Its a hefty amount but I think you could get a bargain cause your papers are legit. I can give you a contact person from LTO main whom will definitely assist you. I had a more difficult situation before but i manage to straighten things out. Transactions are legit. They will even tell you the best solution to your problem. Send me a message if you're interested and I'll ask my friend to contact you.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Dont tell the first or the 2nd owner about the loss...or else, they can still claim your car if they file affidavit of loss ahead of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What do I need to do if I lost my CR?