New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi

I'm interested on getting a BrandNew NISSAN GTR, anybody know how much the car will cost here ?

How long is the waiting lists?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The 2009 GT-R now has a base price of US$76,840. At current rates, that amounts to almost P3.6 million; wala pa diyan yung taxes na babayaran sa Customs. And no, Nissan doesn't sell that here, so grey market lang ang pag-asa mo.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 8th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    The 2009 GT-R now has a base price of US$76,840. At current rates, that amounts to almost P3.6 million; wala pa diyan yung taxes na babayaran sa Customs. And no, Nissan doesn't sell that here, so grey market lang ang pag-asa mo.
    Add 100% taxes as declared... about 7 million pesos... and then, on top of that, add shipping and importer fees (maybe another million) then the common dealer markup (around 30,000 dollars in the US, right now), and you're looking at nearly 10 million pesos for a gray market GT-R.

To get one at 7 million pesos, you would need to be incredibly lucky or know someone in the US with incredible bargaining skills.
    Last edited by niky; September 8th, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, the markups are insane...in the US the $70+k MSRP car is going for $90-100K at least.

so unless you have plenty of money and you're willing to throw away enough money (in dealer markup alone) to buy you a new SUV just to be the first kid on the block with one...then it's not worth it.

otherwise the gray market is your friend. come with your wallet, savings account and trust fund, and be prepared to outbid all the other rich guys in the world market. then as the other guys said, comes the fees, shipping costs, and duties.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Add 100% taxes as declared... about 7 million pesos... and then, on top of that, add shipping and importer fees (maybe another million) then the common dealer markup (around 30,000 dollars in the US, right now), and you're looking at nearly 10 million pesos for a gray market GT-R.

To get one at 7 million pesos, you would need to be incredibly lucky or know someone in the US with incredible bargaining skills.

It seems P10M isn't a problem for the Mayor of San Juan, who seems to be planning to add another multi-million car to his collection of many uber luxury and sports cars.

I guess decades of the "family" in being Mayor paid really well.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    OK Thanks for the reply Guys, now I know how much the car is, having one here in the philippines would be SUPER

How many pinoys owns this kind of car, does anybody know? Have you seen one here?

Is NISSAN have a LHD model for countries like us? I try to inquire on some importers near my place for the GTR.

I'm also planning on getting the EvoX MR SST and a Honda NSX Type R (1st supercar of japan) Any info?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    They say that mayor JV Ejercito doesn't really own a GT-R -- he's just friends with the owners of Auto Trend, where the car is currently up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    How many pinoys owns this kind of car, does anybody know? Have you seen one here?

Is NISSAN have a LHD model for countries like us? I try to inquire on some importers near my place for the GTR.
    Pics of an actual R35 sighting in the Philippines:

http://www.autoindustriya.com/talkbo...pic=17436.6555

Apparently the unit is already LHD, presumably the same as the ones selling in the US. Rumor has it that there are three more GT-Rs waiting in Cebu, selling for 6-7M apiece.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 9th, 2008 at 05:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'm planning to get a Gulfstream G550... any info?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmm for 10M, I'd rather get the Audi R8 or M5.

but for practicality, for 10M, I'd rather have one X5 7-seater and one 530d E60 pang coding. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    hmm for 10M, I'd rather get the Audi R8 or M5.

but for practicality, for 10M, I'd rather have one X5 7-seater and one 530d E60 pang coding. hehe.
    What if you already have those cars? ... It's not that the Estradas and Ejercitos were shy about buying those uber luxury vehicles in the past.

So much (illegal) money, not enough to spend it on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Wanted the New NISSAN GTR !!!