New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Didn't take pics but they look identical from outside with the exception of parking sensors on the 1.4 TSI.

They looked exactly like this:

The nice thing about the 1.6 TDI, like all CRDi turbo diesels, is that it's very easy to add more power to it with a simple ECU piggyback, unlike naturally aspirated gas engines. So while 105 hp is merely adequate, pouring in 40k can turn it into a pocket rocket of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 1.6 TDI Pure White Jetta I got a week ago was the newer model to the one posted in here. It doesn't have Cruise Control nor Parking Assist but that is fine with me. Build quality is a plus--you can easily appreciate German "attention-to-detail" if you are that meticulous. It feels solid. We had it for a long drive to take the 1.6 TDI engine to the test, and at speed, it is stable & remains planted even at high speed turns [it's got ESP]. For the price of P800K+, it is already a very good deal. Audio is from a Blaupunkt system & sounds pretty good also. The VW Sales Consultant told me that they are clearing inventory of 2014-2015 models so that by next year they can make room for all 2017 models including the new Tiguan. Thus the reason for the sale. The branch even have 3 VW Caddy demo models but sad to say those three already have owners though not yet released.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    VW Ph please put the 2017 Tiguan on sale too:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I saw a white Jetta taxi yesterday. Is this one big buy or just someone experimenting on its feasibility?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Jetta 1.6L TDI MT priced at 850k is even offered at a discount to Ayala employees. The base Jetta 1.6L TDI DSG offered at 850k to Ayala employees only have steel tires with hubcaps and dark cloth/plastic interiors. The Jetta 1.6L TDI DSG offered at 950k has 17" rims, leather seats, and glossy plastic interior trims.
    I learned about this too, from a friend, and so she bought one for her son,- who "totaled" it a few weeks later... Oh well...

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.2K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I saw a white Jetta taxi yesterday. Is this one big buy or just someone experimenting on its feasibility?
    Jettas are used as taxis in China. VW has a good relationship with China and their big plants in their supply a good amount of cars for the growing China market. Shangrila Makati Hotel has switched to Jettas and Passats for their fleet ride. I didn't remember any clauses prohibiting the use of VW cars for taxi purposes. I guess VW-PH is not so particular about it unlike Honda-PH who has that premium mindset.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Jettas are used as taxis in China. VW has a good relationship with China and tthey supply a good amount of cars for the growing China market. Shangrila Makati Hotel has switched to Jettas and Passats for their fleet ride. I didn't remember any clauses prohibiting the use of VW cars for taxi purposes. I guess VW-PH is not so particular about it unlike Honda-PH who has that premium mindset.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I read on an article that VW PH's maintenance is every 20k. I'll try to look for it and link it here as it was just mentioned, but I'm wondering if its true. Anyone?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    I read on an article that VW PH's maintenance is every 20k. I'll try to look for it and link it here as it was just mentioned, but I'm wondering if its true. Anyone?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
    It is 15k KM or 12 months, which ever comes first. The same applies for either turbo diesel or turbo gas vehicles. They do offer free inspection midway thru that period.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    So many Jettas on Ortigas. Saw 4 today. 2 silver, 2 white.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    After almost 4 months and clocking in 7k+ kms, im highly satisfied with the performance of the 1.6TDI DSG.

Frugal, comfortable, and powerful

Sent from my Alcatel_7049D using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast