New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    seriously considering the jetta as a personal daily service. i've seen the 850k diesel manual and good to know the 1.4 dsg a/t is now at 950k. between the two, which would have better fuel efficiency? is the additional 100k worth it for the a/t? what are the other differences, if ever? i'm honestly not particular about rims as these can be replaced anytime

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    seriously considering the jetta as a personal daily service. i've seen the 850k diesel manual and good to know the 1.4 dsg a/t is now at 950k. between the two, which would have better fuel efficiency? is the additional 100k worth it for the a/t? what are the other differences, if ever? i'm honestly not particular about rims as these can be replaced anytime
    Manuals are a pain in the butt in Manila traffic, but I don't trust any non-conventional (dual clutch, CVT, etcetera) automatic in Manila traffic.

Too many expensive repairs to think about.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hmmmmm.....

I am now wondering if they would give discounts to ARC members like they were offering a few months ago....😞

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I dropped by the VW event at Capitol Commons earlier and I think the 850k Jetta 1.6 TDI MT is very nice and has really good value. I like the pedals and the feel of the shifter. Touch screen HU with Bluetooth is a big plus too. Then the steering wheel and armrest are already wrapped in leather so it doesn't feel cheap to touch.

I don't mind the all-black interior as it's certainly easier to maintain compared to the black-white combo of the 1.4 TSI. The overall design is quite bland though, more akin to a subcompact than a compact, but not tacky like an Accent's interior. The lack of steering wheel audio controls is a bummer though.

For rear passengers, space is par for a compact sedan, although the middle occupant will have to straddle the high hump. Quite odd also that it doesn't even come with a rear armrest.

Interestingly, the model on display already had 16" alloy rims (instead of steel hubcaps) which were the same as with the 1.4 TSI, which they were selling for 950k.

Speaking of which, the 1.4 TSI DSG is also really good value for its 950k sticker price. 160 hp and all the basic bells and whistles for under 1M. I'd trade the 16" alloys for 18s and it'd be a looker already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    ^ by any chance were you able to take pictures of both 1.6 manual and 1.4 tsi?

i have a colleague from mexico who owns an older generation jetta and recommends the product, matibay daw talaga. his model is a 2.0 manual and says that for VWs, anything below 1.6 would be a no-no. he hasn't tried the 1.4 tsi turbo though (which apparently replaced to old 2.0 slow engines) so he really can't say. as for me, 850k for a diesel? maski manual pa yan, that's still the price of a gas subcompact now. i'm apprehensive also about repairs for special auto engines later on (DSG, CVT, etc) so i guess diesel manual would be best and most practical choice.

any experiences from current owners?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^ by any chance were you able to take pictures of both 1.6 manual and 1.4 tsi?

i have a colleague from mexico who owns an older generation jetta and recommends the product, matibay daw talaga. his model is a 2.0 manual and says that for VWs, anything below 1.6 would be a no-no. he hasn't tried the 1.4 tsi turbo though (which apparently replaced to old 2.0 slow engines) so he really can't say. as for me, 850k for a diesel? maski manual pa yan, that's still the price of a gas subcompact now. i'm apprehensive also about repairs for special auto engines later on (DSG, CVT, etc) so i guess diesel manual would be best and most practical choice.

any experiences from current owners?
    Didn't take pics but they look identical from outside with the exception of parking sensors on the 1.4 TSI.

They looked exactly like this:

The nice thing about the 1.6 TDI, like all CRDi turbo diesels, is that it's very easy to add more power to it with a simple ECU piggyback, unlike naturally aspirated gas engines. So while 105 hp is merely adequate, pouring in 40k can turn it into a pocket rocket of sorts.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kunting buyo na lang at mapapabili na yan ng Jetta or Golf si Jut. Hehehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kunting buyo na lang at mapapabili na yan ng Jetta or Golf si Jut. Hehehehe
    2015 Altis for sale, rush. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    parang lahat going for the 1.6 manual hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Won't there be a problem with parts and service of Volkswagen Jetta after a few years when you want it done outside of dealer ... The discounted VW Golf price is very tempting ... but then again, maybe it's sold out already ...
    Last edited by Walter; November 15th, 2016 at 09:31 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast