New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the recent news of Ayala being appointed as official distributor of Volkswagen, the next question that most folks will ponder is how much will their models cost. Worldwide, most VW models are priced competitively. Maybe we can speculate on how much the following models will cost when they reach our shores. Will VW be priced in the same lines as Honda (also tied with Ayala) or will it be at par with Euro cars?

Golf
    Jetta
    Passat
    Tiguan
    Touareg

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is VW still partially government-owned? if so, then it's destined to sell overpriced (for what it offers) cars..
    sighh...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I believe they will be targeting to match Peugeot's pricing. The garden variety basic subcompact hatch that is the Golf would most likely be hitting above the 1M mark.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If we are to be wildly optimistic, there is a chance that VW's would end up competitively priced due to the weak Euro.

I wonder if in the launch event, "Foksvahgen" will be used instead of "Bokswaygon" or the garden-variety "Vokeswahgen".

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    any specific date when they will be in showrooms?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't expect the Volkswagen models sold here to compete with the likes of the Corollas, Civics, Elantras, etc. They're likely to be priced at Php900k up for the entry level.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Afaik, the target is to achieve initial sales of 10,000 units. If they don't price competitively, they won't reach that target. And roll-out would have to be comprehensive. They should at least have one variant per segment: Passenger Car A, B, C, D, Crossover / Compact SUV, SUV, Pick-Up, Van.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    pricing would depend on where there cars would be sourced, but i dont expect these cars to be priced competitively with their japanese counterparts, expect to pay a premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dapat yung Tata Nano na lang dinala nila dito yun ang siguradong bebenta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast