New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Among the choices sa altis ako second is jazz. FD sana mas ok. Baket ka nga ba magpapalit?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thank you for your inputs sirs.

The reason why I would like to replace the Vios is because of it's age. Bale mag 10 years na kasi yung auto.
    Pero so far naman till now wala akong ka-proble-problema sa kanya. Nagpalit lang ako ng fan last year. YUn lang ang major na gastos na nagawa ko and the occasional change of fluids/maintenance stuff.

Gusto ko lang sana ng mas younger car sirs, and ang plan ko is to keep that replacement car for the next 5-10 years sana. Gusto ko syang maging gift sa panganay ko kasi by that time pwede na sya mag-drive.

Brand new is not an option kasi madami pang binabayaran like bahay and tuition fees.

Madaming boto sa Altis then Jazz. Im leaning towards the Altis and wife ko naman is Jazz. For me kasi yung Altis para hindi sya magmumukhang dated kahit 10 years na. Sakto pag ginamit ng anak ko 10 years from now. Para syang pamanang Daddy car talaga

Can you let me know sirs yung strengths/weaknesses nung isa vs the other in terms of maintenance cost and power? Kasama na din Honda FD.

1. 2009 Jazz
    2. 2009 Altis
    3. Honda FD (not sure what year model ang pasok sa budget)

Salamat sirs.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Mas mahal piyesa ng Honda than Toyota. Tapos maselan din sa fluids ang Honda, kailangan power steering, atf, coolant etc genuine Honda rin. Mas maporma nga lang design ng Honda, pero I think it's better to go for practicality now than looks. I would know, I still have my Honda City and I plan on replacing it with a Toyota Altis din.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    sir based on my personal experience, ok naman both cars. My family owned both cars and I had the chance to drive both as my daily commute. parehas naman low maintenance yan. sabi nga nila you'll never go wrong whichever you choose unless bad unit yung makuha given na second hand ang bibilihin mo.

ang pro ni altis, its a bigger car. mas maluwag sa loob and mas maganda ride quality. mas executive din ang dating ni altis. if may business meeting ka tapos nagkasabay kayo ng ka-meeting mo sa parking, mas may dating if compact sedan ang sasakyan mo (opinyon ko lang). kaya nga yung mga hotel and expats, usually altis or camry service vehicle nila.

on the other hand ang pro naman ni jazz, yung cargo space (mas malaki cargo height nya sa altis) and mas maliit. madaling magshort cut sa mga eskinita.

my vote: altis

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If your main reason to buy a new car is to upgrade, among your choices I'd suggest the Altis. 1.6L is very fuel efficient and has the power when you want it, especially during long drives.

If you plan to do this again a few years down the line, the Altis also happens to have pretty good resale value.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Altis or civic fd sir. Actually kahit jazz okay lang. Kung ano nalang prefer nyo. All cars in your list will last 10 more years if that is your aim.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wala kang mabibiling 10th gen Altis sa 300-350k. Kung meron man, siguradong sakit ng ulo yan.

Even if you get a 2010 Altis V (facelifted with new dual VVTi engine, around 550k), in 10 years this will still be a 15 year old car.

IMO just save more. You already got yourself a good secondhand unit. Not all secondhand cars for sale will be as good as your Vios na walang major sira. I think you're pushing your expenses too much for something unnecessary.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    keep the current ride since its giving you no headaches. your options are still 5 year old units with no guarantee that they will have no major problem.

invest your money somewhere else. with due diligence and some luck, maybe 5-10 years later you can get your panganay a new car instead.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wala kang mabibiling 10th gen Altis sa 300-350k. Kung meron man, siguradong sakit ng ulo yan.

Even if you get a 2010 Altis V (facelifted with new dual VVTi engine, around 550k), in 10 years this will still be a 15 year old car.

IMO just save more. You already got yourself a good secondhand unit. Not all secondhand cars for sale will be as good as your Vios na walang major sira. I think you're pushing your expenses too much for something unnecessary.
    Definitely the most logical point/perspective. Imho.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thank you very much sa lahat ng suggestions nyo sirs.

I'll also think about the other suggestions na keep the Vios muna.

Thank you ulit sirs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you very much sa lahat ng suggestions nyo sirs.

I'll also think about the other suggestions na keep the Vios muna.

Thank you ulit sirs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast