New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've read many times that the 2nd Gen Vios is more Fuel Efficient than the 3rd Gen Vios mainly because of the latter has a bigger body than the former ..

But by how much is it more efficient ?? Is it really obvious or is it negligible ???

Pinagpipilian ko po itong dalawa ?? To be use mostly in city driving and occasional out of town trips .. That's why I wanted to know by how much is the 2nd gen vios more efficient than the 3rd gen ??

For example: If both are full tank and the 2nd gen last about 2 weeks city driving, does the 3rd gen last only 1 week using the same route ?? Or its only negligible by a day or two, meaning 3rd gen full tank last a week & 5 days ??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mt or at?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    mt or at?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    MT po ..

considering the same route, traffic condition, etc .. yung body ng 2nd & 3rd lng naiiba .. Gaano ka laki ang difference sa fuel consumption ?? I mean ilang days ang difference bago maubos ang full tank ng 3rd gen compare sa 2nd gen ??

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    3rd gen AT ko average of 8.5 km/L city driving. So say an MT does 9 km/L, eh yung second gen is around 9-10 km/L lang naman din.

Bottomline, you can safely assume that the 3rd gen is 10% less efficient than the 2nd gen. That's worth it considering the 3rd gen is a much better car overall.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    3rd gen AT ko average of 8.5 km/L city driving. So say an MT does 9 km/L, eh yung second gen is around 9-10 km/L lang naman din.

Bottomline, you can safely assume that the 3rd gen is 10% less efficient than the 2nd gen. That's worth it considering the 3rd gen is a much better car overall.

Base on that 10% less efficient, then if we assume that the 2nd gen consumes the whole fulltank in 2weeks, then a 3rd gen consumes it 2 days earlier, or 1week and 5 days .. more or less ..

Why do you say the 3rd gen is a better car aside from being bigger and larger ?? Some say the 2nd gen is better overall, considering the power to weight ratio .. They say the 3rd gen find it hard to overtake in highways ..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Base on that 10% less efficient, then if we assume that the 2nd gen consumes the whole fulltank in 2weeks, then a 3rd gen consumes it 2 days earlier, or 1week and 5 days .. more or less ..

Why do you say the 3rd gen is a better car aside from being bigger and larger ?? Some say the 2nd gen is better overall, considering the power to weight ratio .. They say the 3rd gen find it hard to overtake in highways ..
    Think of it this way, if you consume 5k a month with a 2nd gen Vios, then the 3rd gen is roughly 5.5k a month worth of fuel. If that's too much for you then don't get a 3rd gen.

The 3rd gen is more spacious, interior and exterior looks much better, ride is more planted, NVH is better, etc.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

some folks buy a car because it is more comfortable. i.e., more spacious.
    they see no logic in buying an uber-fuel-efficient car, if they feel like sardines inside.

it all depends on what you value more, sir.
    if you value fuel efficiency, there's them mini cars... wigo... mirage.. celerio... and they're cheaper than the vios, too.

and yes... i have to crawl to get into the older vios. the new vios is more humane...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kung hindi naman ganun kalayo FC difference, i'd go for the younger car.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Kung hindi naman ganun kalayo FC difference, i'd go for the younger car.
    Yung iba nagrereklamo dahil hindi raw sing tipid sa 2nd gen yung 3rd gen, lalo na mga taxi driver ...

Pero yung mga private owners, home to office route, ok naman daw yung consumption, konti lang naman daw difference ..

Mas ramdam ba talaga ang difference sa fuel consumption kung fleet mo gagamitin (taxi or ahente) ??? kaysa sa home to office vice versa lang ??

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yung iba nagrereklamo dahil hindi raw sing tipid sa 2nd gen yung 3rd gen, lalo na mga taxi driver ...

Pero yung mga private owners, home to office route, ok naman daw yung consumption, konti lang naman daw difference ..

Mas ramdam ba talaga ang difference sa fuel consumption kung fleet mo gagamitin (taxi or ahente) ??? kaysa sa home to office vice versa lang ??
    I would consider the smallest centavo difference of fuel consumption if the main use of the vehicle will be for business, such as taxi or Uber. . But if I'm only gonna use the car as my personal service to and fro my work, I'd choose convenience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast