New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Is it better to get:

-an MPV, eg. Innova or Carens with easier drivability.

or

-a minivan, eg. Carnival with its huge space.

or

-a full-sized van, eg. Urvan Estate with its extra seats.

or

-a mid-sized SUV. eg. Montero Sport.

or

-a large AUV, eg. Sportivo.

Criteria would be blend of passenger comfort and easy maintenance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    for how many people?

the MPVs and the midsize SUVs have rear seats that are at best liveable...

a van as capable as the Grand Starex probably gets my vote. Then there's the humongous E-150...
    Last edited by scharnhorst; May 2nd, 2009 at 10:24 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    just saw a Carens kanina on display sa SM Tunasan. 3rd row looks cramped is all that i could say..

Me would go for the montero over the other choices. ride height is high for me and it's a 7 seater. cargo nga lang hindi kayang tapatan sa ibang mga vans at di ko rin alam maintenance ng mitsubishi.. pero kahit ganon, i'd pick it for my family as in family lang hidni kasama guests

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    The most practical choice would be an mpv such as the Innova. Its ride quality as well as legroom clearance are above average. Maintenance-wise they're pretty easy to maintain, parts are readily available all around. Also, fuel economy is top notch even with an automatic transmission *note im talking about the D4D*. You just have to live with seeing an Innova every minute.
    But if seating would be a concern, I have to agree, the Grand Starex is the best choice out there. The Montero is not really an option for me, the interior is a bit cramped especially if your passengers are big.
    A definite budget would certainly help if you can provide.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    A toyota grandia is an option. Luwag nito sa loob, lakas pa makina.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup, Grand Starex or Super Grandia for me.

Or if you want a car-like driving experience get the Santa Fe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mag hi-ace ka na lang na bago kahit wag na yung super grandia

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kano kadaming tao ba pinaguusapan natin??

Kung mga 10 people no choice ka na get a full size van and it that regard the Grand Starex. Forget the Hiace weak 2.5 D4-D engine tapos yung engine nasa ilalim pa so mainit unlike sa Starex may hood sya...

Pag mga 5-7 people, I suggest Hyundai Santa Fe (biased ba? ) Its the best in its class and price range in terms of comfort, features, and luxury. It has a nice CRDi engine to boot as well.

Pag may budget ka, then the likes of the Innova is fine...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Innova and Carnival can carry 8 passengers each. But bet. the two, passenger comfort tips towards the Carnival.

Urvan, HiAce commuter, etc.. Well these are delivery vans in other countries. They can carry lots of people (15 +) or cargo (space not maximized due to fixed seats). But passenger comfort in these cannot compete with the likes of the Carnival or Innova.

The Sportivo can also carry more people and cargo than the Innova but its really old already.

I wouldn't consider frame based SUV like Montero, Fortuner, etc.. for the sole purpose of ferrying 7 to 8 passengers in comfort. In this category, 5 passengers should be the max.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *Gerbo

how people will you be loading into this "Versatile Family vehicle" of your's?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Versatile Family vehicle