New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Hello mga sir! Slightly off topic but I just wanna ask if it is still advisable to buy sedans (2nd hand Honda Civic 1.8 E 2018/2019 specifically) kung sa Manila ka nakatira? I am going to study sa Manila po kasi and bibilhan po ako ng dad ko ng sarili kong kotse para di po hassle sa pag commute. My initial choices is of course sedans (Altis, Mazda 3, Civic) since solo ko lang naman po palagi. However, my dad recommended crossovers nalang po like the mazda cx3/cx5, subaru xv, honda hrv for the added ground clearance.

And currently I am really lost on what car to buy hahahaha sa crossovers I am leaning towards the subaru xv but I’ve read that mahal daw po parts/maintenance kaya bumabalik lagi ako sa civic [emoji28].

Will really appreciate your inputs mga sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wo4r View Post
    Hello mga sir! Slightly off topic but I just wanna ask if it is still advisable to buy sedans (2nd hand Honda Civic 1.8 E 2018/2019 specifically) kung sa Manila ka nakatira? I am going to study sa Manila po kasi and bibilhan po ako ng dad ko ng sarili kong kotse para di po hassle sa pag commute. My initial choices is of course sedans (Altis, Mazda 3, Civic) since solo ko lang naman po palagi. However, my dad recommended crossovers nalang po like the mazda cx3/cx5, subaru xv, honda hrv for the added ground clearance.

And currently I am really lost on what car to buy hahahaha sa crossovers I am leaning towards the subaru xv but I’ve read that mahal daw po parts/maintenance kaya bumabalik lagi ako sa civic [emoji28].

If you have the option to get a CRV, get a CRV. I have both the Civic and CRV. The CRV gives more peace of mind to drive daily because Manila roads are so bad. Bigla nalang may pothole at a spot that wasn't there yesterday.

Good option also something like the Corolla Cross - just slightly more expensive than an Altis/Civic and cheaper than a Mazda 3 but has the advantage of slightly higher ride height and bigger tires.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you have the option to get a CRV, get a CRV. I have both the Civic and CRV. The CRV gives more peace of mind to drive daily because Manila roads are so bad. Bigla nalang may pothole at a spot that wasn't there yesterday.

Good option also something like the Corolla Cross - just slightly more expensive than an Altis/Civic and cheaper than a Mazda 3 but has the advantage of slightly higher ride height and bigger tires.

Kona is better. Cheaper, has higher ground clearance plus better engine and transmission.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Kona is better. Higher ground clearance plus better engine and transmission.
    Cheap tingnan compared sa Corolla Cross for me. And sobrang dami repo Kona ngayon 600k and below for less than a year old unit. So if getting a Kona, might as well get it secondhand.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Where will you intend to study and how far from your home? Sedans or compact will be better if you will be driving on narrow streets although ok din ang crossover. But if you are going to univ belt like espana na laging baha, sedans are not advisable.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdoods View Post
    Where will you intend to study and how far from your home? Sedans or compact will be better if you will be driving on narrow streets although ok din ang crossover. But if you are going to univ belt like espana na laging baha, sedans are not advisable.

Currently enrolled po sa UST, and bandang Otis lang po uuwian ko, so kulang-kulang po na 6km lang daily travel.

I am thinking to not include sedans na nga po because of espana haha thank you for your reply sir!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Currently enrolled po sa UST, and bandang Otis lang po uuwian ko, so kulang-kulang po na 6km lang daily travel.

I am thinking to not include sedans na nga po because of espana haha thank you for your reply sir!

Jimny perfect pang Espana

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    2nd hand PPV. Para makauwi ka ng bahay kahit baha, mura pa Diesel

9. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Jimny perfect pang Espana

Ganda nga po ng porma niya sir and it can really withstand floods or uneven roads, kaso 2 door lang po and mas maliit yung space sa loob compared sa mga crossovers. I’ll get one for sure later in life hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ganda nga po ng porma niya sir and it can really withstand floods or uneven roads, kaso 2 door lang po and mas maliit yung space sa loob compared sa mga crossovers. I’ll get one for sure later in life hahahaha

Magkano ba budget mo? I would go straight to a PPV if I could afford it if I needed peace of mind for the occasional Espana flood.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Vehicle for College student P700-900k Budget