New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car for daily house-office use, budget is around 200-250k

which is more 'sulit' among the 3 (gas consumption, maintenance) :

2003-2007 AT Model
    Vios
    City
    Lancer

DSI or Vtec, GLS or GLX

Thank you so much, your comments and suggestions would be one of my primary basis on choosing which one to buy.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you can find an Altis of the same age and for around the same price, it is a better option. It is a good balance between space, FC, and maintenance cost. You could also opt for the Sentra N16 GSX MT as you can get a younger vehicle for around the same price.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FC = Vios or City
    Maintenance costs = Vios

I'd keep the options open to either a Vios or City and go with the newest/freshest unit that you can find of either two (first owner selling is a good bonus).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you can find an Altis of the same age and for around the same price, it is a better option. It is a good balance between space, FC, and maintenance cost. You could also opt for the Sentra N16 GSX MT as you can get a younger vehicle for around the same price.
    Thanks sir, ill window shop for altis' actually mas prefer ko sana AT. do you think i can get a good one around my budget range?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *MarkLetran - just look around and maybe you'll see one. If you're looking into a City IDSI CVT, just make sure you check the unit properly. Some such units had run into some issues with their CVT (not properly maintained) and it's not cheap to repair CVT. The first gen Vios is quite small but if you just use it to ferry around yourself and maybe another passenger, it's good enough. If you're looking at a family car, the Altis or Civic is a safe bet.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *MarkLetran - just look around and maybe you'll see one. If you're looking into a City IDSI CVT, just make sure you check the unit properly. Some such units had run into some issues with their CVT (not properly maintained) and it's not cheap to repair CVT. The first gen Vios is quite small but if you just use it to ferry around yourself and maybe another passenger, it's good enough. If you're looking at a family car, the Altis or Civic is a safe bet.
    how about the mitsu lancers? i came across to some 2005 lancers AT that are around my budget din, are those unit have issues sa tranny din like the idsi CVTs?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd prefer a secondhand City, but only with the manual transmission.

If you need to get an auto, get the Vios.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Minimal reported CVT issues on the Cedia Lancer. My boss has one and it's still running perfectly fine. Casa maintained lang so I'm pretty sure they use the correct CVT fluid to maintain it. Use ordinary ATF and say buhbye to your expensive tranny

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There were some inputs written here in Tsikot of bad FC with the Lancer Cedia of that age. Not sure if it is common among all such units.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'll get a vios also, I'm not a fan of the honda city of that year model. Also, mahirap masiraan ng cvt ng honda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast