New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    hi would appreciate any thoughts, insights from the experts in here...

already inspected the car worth 230k vios model 2006, used as hotel transport service. the mechanic though, noted of some flaws such as scratch, slight bumper damage, few rusty stuff in the compartment, and oil leak, which according to the mechanic of the seller is perhaps due to misalignment of the newly installed silicone, so, my mechanic asked to put a gasket (just quoting what the mechanic told me, i have no idea about car stuff), finally all wheels are of poor condition, needs to be changed. we didnt have the chance to lift the car and test drive, but the mechanic assured that the engine is intact.

Question1.
    since the price is negotiable, considering above defects, do you think i can haggle to lower it down to 180k to finance repairs and set up.
    Question2.
    is it proper to negotiate thru phone since i already viewed the unit?
    Question3.
    what are the documents i shall receive from the seller?
    Question 4
    should i only pay upon receipt of the legal papers?

any other things i should bear in mind, are highly appreciated.. thanks folks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    how many kms na tinakbo?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    around 180,000 kms

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Whoa. The mileage of my 1996 Corolla has not even reached half of that.

IMO, you're better off buying a privately owned unit. A well-maintained 2003 Toyota Vios whose price is 300k is better than that beaten-up hotel service 2006 Vios.

However, if let's say your budget is limited to 250k. Then, I'd suggest buying a Corolla Lovelife instead. Older, but atleast we know that it was the owner who used it not by numerous people in which we don't know if they care or hell ... know anything about cars rather than driving and turning on the headlights.

Lastly, I don't find the car worth it. AT ALL. It's just a little bit better than buying an ex-taxi unit.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Parang ex-taxi unit narin yun eh. Dreadfully high mileage, beat up condition... For a 250k budget, if you want something near the age of a 2006 unit, then Sentra nalang katapat mo. Privately owned, mas malawak pa ang loob.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tapos hindi mo pa nai-test drive.

Baka pag-daan niyan sa lubak, mahulog na buong pang-ilalim niyan. :hysterical:

Kidding aside, maaring kalampagin na rin yan. 180k mileage for a 6 year old car is awfully high.

Pero look at the bright side, atleast hindi tampered yung mileage. LOL.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Like bro renzo said, money pit yan. By the looks of it, kapag igagastos mo yan, in the end para ka naring bumili ng privately owned Vios that is in good condition and has lesser mileage. Tingnan mo, apat na gulong palang magkano na baka bibili ka pa ng bagong rims. And then you'll be repairing the cosmetic damages, fixing the rusty parts, thorough tuneup with oil and filter change hell baka iooverhaul na yan... Then considering the beat up condition baka papalit ka pa ng shocks, bushings, ball joints... Save the money and the trouble. Step away.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At 180,000 kms and a leaky gasket (what, cylinder head gasket or valve cover gasket), then they damn well better lower the price! I'd only buy it at 150,000 pesos, not a penny more, because you'll be spending at least 50,000 pesos fixing it up... and when you resell it later on, you won't get very much for it... probably not more than that 150k, even if you restore it to pristine condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    thanks all.. are you saying id rather consider older model of nissan sentra 2004, mitsu lancer 2002, honda city 2002 or kia rio 2004 (i found one each just now) rather than this vios? sorry, i am totally clueless, i was merely looking for newer version, thinking that mas bago the better. please enlighten.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    by the way, among these choices, which one has the cheapest parts, maintenance cost and fuel efficient?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
urgently need your expert advice final details in buying 2nd hand cars