New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Good day!!

Eto ang scenario. I purchased a used car recently in which the OR and CR is under a specific company. The person who owned that car used to work for this company. The seller (employee of the company) provided me a deed of sale stating the sale of the vehicle from the company to her.

However it seems that she did not bother transferring the OR and CR over to her name and is still under the name of the corporation and now that I have purchased it from her and we have already signed a new deed of sale stating the transfer from her to me, I would also like to have the OR and CR renamed to myself.

Now the question is, would the two deed of sales under my possession (1. Company to employee DoS, 2. Employee to me DoS) be enough documentation to have the OR and CR transferred over to my name? Or do I need something extra special to get this done? Or should I just forget about changing the CR to my name and just let it be?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You need to secure a Secretary's Certificate (suppose to have been given to the current owner by her former company) and a photo copy of the current owner's driver's license and 2 originally signed signatures at the same paper where the license was photocopied to serve as reference to the signature shown in the license.

After having those secured + the original OR and CR, you're ready to have the car's papers transferred to your name.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hmm the previous employee is not in very good terms with the company as she was pirated away by a different company. Any other leeway?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    AFAIK, there is no other choice but to get the secretary's certificate to do the transfer. all documents would be asked by LTO. one missing document, the LTO officers would reject the request to transfer.

Transfering Company Owned Car To Personal