New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Hi po. just want to gain knowledge about trading in car. first, a little background lang po, My family owns a Mistusbishi Montero MT. We acquired via financing. this is our first car and so newbie pa lang po ako about transactions and car knowledge. We dont miss naman po our monthly payments. but now we are deciding to purchase an AT. But since our car is not fully paid yet and still have atleast 3 years to pay. I wanted to ask if its possible for a trade-in kahit hindi pa siya fully paid to purchase or avail a new car. and if possible pwede ba siya for other brand? We are really looking at Geely. Thanks po in advance for your help and apologies on my ignorance. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SzMchFrLv View Post
    Hi po. just want to gain knowledge about trading in car. first, a little background lang po, My family owns a Mistusbishi Montero MT. We acquired via financing. this is our first car and so newbie pa lang po ako about transactions and car knowledge. We dont miss naman po our monthly payments. but now we are deciding to purchase an AT. But since our car is not fully paid yet and still have atleast 3 years to pay. I wanted to ask if its possible for a trade-in kahit hindi pa siya fully paid to purchase or avail a new car. and if possible pwede ba siya for other brand? We are really looking at Geely. Thanks po in advance for your help and apologies on my ignorance. Thanks!
    OT.
    not to insult geely, but
    why do you want to replace your monty with a geely?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The Geely Okavango (spelling not sure) looks much more luxurious than a Monty at 3/5 the price. Heck it looks like a BMW x5. Not out of place in an executive's garage. Its also a 48v hybrid. Ive seen one up close. Very impressive.

And Geely is 10x larger than Mitsubishi with a much more impressive roadmap. Heck they own Volvo.

Gotta take off our made in China blinders off when it comes to cars nowadays.

If Tesla doesnt come to the Philippines soon, my first EV will most likely be Chinese.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The Geely Okavango (spelling not sure) looks much more luxurious than a Monty at 3/5 the price. Heck it looks like a BMW x5. Not out of place in an executive's garage. Its also a 48v hybrid. Ive seen one up close. Very impressive.

And Geely is 10x larger than Mitsubishi with a much more impressive roadmap. Heck they own Volvo.

Gotta take off our made in China blinders off when it comes to cars nowadays.

If Tesla doesnt come to the Philippines soon, my first EV will most likely be Chinese.

I have seen a couple of Okavangos within BF Homes. They are about as big as the Forester SJ but they have a 3rd row seat. At 1.3M, you get value for money for what it offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Bro probably larger than the Forester . I could be wrong but they looked definitely larger and longer.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Okavango definitely larger. Interior space beats the PPVs and 3rd row is actually spacious even with full-sized seats instead of the typical jump seat.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    i'm on a same league with dr. d. Not insulting or bashing geely.
    and why considering a geely okavango and not a Toyota Innova?

MPV Spec Check: Toyota Innova vs. Geely Okavango

Actually if you test drive an okavango at geely dealers, you might win some geely's prizes. Unfortunately not a new okavango though.
    Test drive a Geely Okavango, get a chance to win prizes

8. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    It is actually my brother's choice (the actual owner of our montero). I believe hes looking at the Geely because of its features (like the 360 camera, spacious interior, adjustable headlights) with its price range. not final naman po na Geely talaga if ever. Thanks po for all your replies, sorry but medyo parang lumalayo po duon sa inquiry ko about trade-in. hehe though your replies po are really helpful with those additional knowledge and added perspective. If you have any idea lang po about the trade-in process or its possible. will highly appreciate po your help. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It is actually my brother's choice (the actual owner of our montero). I believe hes looking at the Geely because of its features (like the 360 camera, spacious interior, adjustable headlights) with its price range. not final naman po na Geely talaga if ever. Thanks po for all your replies, sorry but medyo parang lumalayo po duon sa inquiry ko about trade-in. hehe though your replies po are really helpful with those additional knowledge and added perspective. If you have any idea lang po about the trade-in process or its possible. will highly appreciate po your help. Thanks!
    Wala ata trade-in among local dealers except for the European car dealers. What happens is that a dealer works with a partner buy&sell. The buy&sell offers you a price for your car and you can use the proceeds to pay partially the car that you like from the dealer.

In some European car dealers, they do purchase back some models and they refurbish them to factory specifications. Then the dealer would sell the car as “certified pre-owned”.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i do not think mitsubishi will accommodate you in purchasing from the competition.

but if your mortgage provider is a bank...
    talk to the bank.
    perhaps they can help you.
    after all, they stand to earn more from you in your next car purchase...
    good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast