New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    I'm a vios 1.5g owner. So far it has been my daily car and barkadahan ride going to Batangas, Tagaytay, clark and once... Subic. I really enjoyed driving the car because I find it comfortable and the ride is very smooth similar to its higher competitors. The 1.5G m/t averages a fuel consumption of 12km/l on city driving and 15-16km/l on long and highway trips. Features is also a plus for the vios since most of its interior features are at par with the civic.

Iv'e seen the city in the showroom and i must say i did like the exterior of it. It seems more masculine compared to vios. But on the interior, I find the vios more elegant and the city more sporty. I haven't driven the new city so i cannot determine whether it is fun to drive.

Regarding after sales, I have no experience with Honda and my dad is scared of Honda. According to him, Honda spare parts are expensive but of course, its his own opinion. The only advantage that I can see for Toyota is that it has a lot of after market parts. So if your on a tight budget, you won't have a hard time looking for an alternative to Toyota Genuine parts.

My recommendation is... Analyze what you are looking for in a car. I think the new city is a great ride. But since I'm just about to graduate and upon working I'll start maintaining my car, then I opted for the vios.

Also, don't you think that with the quotation given to you by Honda for city 1.3 is far from the quotation given to you by Toyota for the 1.5G variant? As of what I know the City 1.5 is also around 800K. So if you have some to spare, go for the City 1.5 variant.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    City din ako.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    city since honda's PMS is every 10k kms (after 1k kms PMS) while toyota's PMS is every 5k kms..
    that would have to depend on the type of oil that would be used. If natural oil will be used, recommendation is still PM after 5k kms. If synthetic, then the PM frequency is every 10k kms.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtlean View Post
    Hi! gud advice po. im planning since start of this year to buy either viosG or cityS but im tangled with the features and prices of these two cars. this is my first car bydway. i already asked for quotation from different car dealers:

City S was priced at 756,000 plus insurance, lto, chattel and rustproof. all in all it will be 814,616
    Vios G was priced at 775,000 less 10k discount, free chattel, free insurance, free lto and free 5k gas. 76500.000+2,000 service fee = 767,000
    i was also puzzled by the different deals i got from different SA. Some give me special discount but when i talkd with other SA they told me that its because there are hidden charges from the previous SA.

If you could give me also an SA that would give me the correct free items and gud price. it will be very much appreciated.thanks in advance.

Hope i could get lots of responses coz im planning to buy the car before the end of this month. The banks which gave me a car loan approval is waiting for my decision. Thanks again!
    Sir, SAs will not give you their biggest discount on your initial transaction with them, whatever dealer it is. Haggle haggle and haggle. Do not be fooled by those freebies and discounts kasi sa MA ka nila babawian. Since approve ka naman sa bank, makipagbaratan ka na lang sa SAs, saka mo sabihan na iaaward ko na lang PO sa best deal. Kung kaya mo pagsabungin mga SAs, much better, but dont commit first khit kanino. Ikaw ang magdictate ng tempo, hindi sila. Huwag mo madaliin. Better to get a car, yung patapos na ang buwan, kasi humahabol ang mga SAs sa quota nila, and maibibigay sayo best discounts.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Haggle is really the name of the game. parang game of poker din yan eh, involved ang bluffs. in my case, i was able to get free Rustproofing, 3M Tint (windows and full windshield) and LTO Registration for my new City 1.5E... (who says under one price policy sila)

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Most would pick the City 1.3s because it looks better and its a new model. But the Vios 1.5 G is a higher variant. It has bigger engine and more features.
    The 1.5G would give you a better combination of power and economy. And, for that price the Vios is the more practical choice.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    na drive ko na din yung vios na manual 1.3 latest model, tpos yung car ko ngyn is 09 city A lng....wala naman masydo diference sa driving comfort...medyo maliit nga lng yung interior ng vios pero over all mga 2 points lng differnce ng city vs vios...well thats for me

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    Haggle is really the name of the game. parang game of poker din yan eh, involved ang bluffs. in my case, i was able to get free Rustproofing, 3M Tint (windows and full windshield) and LTO Registration for my new City 1.5E... (who says under one price policy sila)
    Sir from where nyo po nkuha ung mga freebies? I mean what dealer and name of SA if possible. thanks! Galing po ako kanina sa honda global kaso the SA told me that she cant give me a better offer. I made a story n nga that sumone is giving me free lto and gas ayaw p rin. i guess i have to try again at the end of this month. bk magbago isip nila.
    anyway thanks for all the responses! i learned a lot!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I legroom is important.... the City. Amazing legroom for such a small car.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    since its a toss between a 5-seater, i'd go for the maintenance aspect - ill pick the VIOS...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
toyota vios 1.5 G vs honda city 1.3 S