New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Good day po,

I'm from CDO po and I'm planning to buy a used car in MNL (my brother will be the one to check/inspect the car).
    Reasons:
    -I have a lot more choices there than here.
    -Prices here can be ridiculously high (not all though)
    -It's for my mom and I want my brother to have the last say (since they mostly have the same taste towards things)

Question:
    -How much is the Rolling Cargo fee from manila to CDO? How long will it take?
    -I was originally planning on going for an SUV Ford/Chev (yan kasi gusto ng mom ko) but my friends have discouraged me against it. Should I listen to them? (Ford -> expedition, escape, explorer, etc. & chevy -> trailblazer, venture, etc)

Super Newbie here.
    Thanks in advance po sa mga sasagot

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by equus12 View Post
    Good day po,

I'm from CDO po and I'm planning to buy a used car in MNL (my brother will be the one to check/inspect the car).
    Reasons:
    -I have a lot more choices there than here.
    -Prices here can be ridiculously high (not all though)
    -It's for my mom and I want my brother to have the last say (since they mostly have the same taste towards things)

Question:
    -How much is the Rolling Cargo fee from manila to CDO? How long will it take?
    -I was originally planning on going for an SUV Ford/Chev (yan kasi gusto ng mom ko) but my friends have discouraged me against it. Should I listen to them? (Ford -> expedition, escape, explorer, etc. & chevy -> trailblazer, venture, etc)

Super Newbie here.
    Thanks in advance po sa mga sasagot
    I saw a post in FB, where the barge fee for the car to transport to visayas area was 1000. A friend had his vios transported to cotabato via cargo van and cost him 25k.

If youre in the province, safest bet is go for a toyota. Madali ang piyesa, extensive dealer network and madali irepair ng mekaniko

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    I saw a post in FB, where the barge fee for the car to transport to visayas area was 1000. A friend had his vios transported to cotabato via cargo van and cost him 25k.

If youre in the province, safest bet is go for a toyota. Madali ang piyesa, extensive dealer network and madali irepair ng mekaniko

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Duly noted po. I'm now considering an innova/crosswind instead :D

Medyo mahirap nga parts dito sa ford; just had a talk with a buddy and he told me na 2 years na syang naghahanap ng transmission parts for his ford fiesta.

Ano po gamit ng friend nyo na shipping line sir? 2go o yung sa solid shipping?

thank you so much po for your answer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    yeah...mahirap talaga parts sa Ford...