New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi!!

Im Planning to get a 2nd hand Suv/Auv not older than a 2002 model and im looking at the Sorento, Tucson,Crosswind XUV or Innova.

The thing is ive only got 200k which ill use as a downpayment and pay the rest through a car loan.

I know that its common logic na lugi ka sa car loan with a low down, but hey i think ive got no choice but to bite the bullet since i need it immediately for business purposes. Im just looking for options that would make it more "bearable". Ive heard 1001 reasons to wait and save but the business opportunities lost by not having a vehicle are more expensive than a bank's interest rate.

So please help with these questions:

1.) Who's the best dealer for these type of cars and this type of financing?

2.) What model would you reccommend?

3.) Any other options you can think of that would stretch options for my 200k?

Cant wait it out though its pending Xmas and my business (garments) relies on me having a car by September 15th.

I just need to haul around sample pieces and make fabric runs to Divisoria, but i need it to be a bit presentable when i drive up to my clients.

Super thanks guys!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    1) toyota imho, parts are spreaded like swine flu, after sales sales is good but have to be more sensitive for your car. go for toyota, tried and tested.imho

2)depends on what you need and can afford. all the mentioned car are more/less 1M in brand new models,but for 2nd hand i suggest innova 2006 versions, newer and more safety features plus roomy din para masakay mo din clients mo. nasolve na din yung problem sa D4D engine nito with the later models.

3)test drive and have a trusted mechanic with you para matignan kung may mga problem na yung car na titignan mo,.look out ka din sa interior nito. its not brand new after all,. imho,

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for the japanese. and local! innova/revo, adventure, or isuzu. parts and prices are competitive.
    best dealer? unless she's your wife, there ain't no such animal.
    good luck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since you will be getting something on a loan, get something which ensures good value after the loan is complete.

among your choices, its the innova.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hmmmm... How about a CRV??

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i would go for either a revo, an isuzu crosswind, and the 1st gen CRV, in that order.

all 2nd hand of course. medyo matagal na bayaran pag brand new and the pickings are slim for an SUV going for less than 1M new. i'm sure mas gusto mo i-return as capital ang pera mo, rather than do monthly payments in the 5 digits every month.

380 will get you a good revo, or any of the above cars. financing mo na lang yung sobrang 180 or 200.

can't really recommend a pickup. baka magliparan yung dadalin mong fabric pag humataw ka na.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i would go for either a revo, an isuzu crosswind, and the 1st gen CRV, in that order.

all 2nd hand of course. medyo matagal na bayaran pag brand new and the pickings are slim for an SUV going for less than 1M new. i'm sure mas gusto mo i-return as capital ang pera mo, rather than do monthly payments in the 5 digits every month.

380 will get you a good revo, or any of the above cars. financing mo na lang yung sobrang 180 or 200.

can't really recommend a pickup. baka magliparan yung dadalin mong fabric pag humataw ka na.
    Anong CRV models and Crosswind XUV models ang pasok sa 380k or 400k?

Di ba ko talo sa Honda sa maintenance? (Heard that ok daw honda sa maintenance mahal pag nasiraan pero minsanan lang daw)

Quick financing question: if i get it from a 1st owner na hindi naman dealer and apply for a bank loan and get approved, does the bank just hand me the cash and I give it to the owner/seller and i just give the bank the OR and CR?

Sorry newbie question.

Tips to getting a 2nd hand SUV for 200k (loans involved of course!)