New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, bogart88. That's really informative and helpful.
    So are you saying that it is possible that I can really demand the dealer to include the 3-year LTO registration amongst the freebies, like tint and floor mats? Ano pa kaya ang mga reasonable na pwede pang i-hingi? Hehe.

Ano ba ang pwedeng sabihin kaya sa dealer that will make them say yes?

Yes basta kaya pa ibigay ng dealer. But I would rather get the discount right away kesa installment pa for the next 3 years. Chances are the following year hassle na hingin yung free LTO kasi nawawala yung file or wala na yung ahente mo. Get something on the spot like additional discount or free chattle mortgage.
    Tell them that other dealer are giving it, give specific name of dealer and possible, name ng ahente sa kabilang dealer.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Napansin ko lang, it seems much easier to ask for free accessories than cash discounts. Ang problema lang, bibigyan ka ng price quote dun sa item na hihingin mo free na sa sobrang taas ng price madya-dyahe ka na humingi ng madami-daming items. Ano kayang best tactic dun?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Napansin ko lang, it seems much easier to ask for free accessories than cash discounts. Ang problema lang, bibigyan ka ng price quote dun sa item na hihingin mo free na sa sobrang taas ng price madya-dyahe ka na humingi ng madami-daming items. Ano kayang best tactic dun?

Tell them that the cost of those free items are lower than what they are telling you and it is okay to ask for more. If they do not want to give it, pretend to leave.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sir bogart,

tamang tama pabili pa lang ako. a few questions lang po:

1. i will be buying base from my car plan, bale may value na sagot ng company then the rest kung may sobra abono ko na. in short, parang good as cash na ito. going back to the discount, is it valid na makahingi man lang ako ng 10% discount outright? ubra ba ito?
    2. i've read some problems sa balak kong kunin na unit. though i don't think na mangyayari naman na may masira na major. just in case ba, can i add as a contract with the agent that if i see any major problem (tipong transmission, electrical, etc), i have the right to demand for a replacement within 15 days that is if proven talaga na factory defect ito?
    3. lastly, borrowing the question of TheShrike: Ano ba ang pwedeng sabihin kaya sa dealer that will make them say yes?

gagawin ko rin yung suggestion mo... pretend to leave. then come back na lang the next day.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    regarding bank financing, do you also deal with the dealer?? or just leave it with the bank na lang??

also - pano yung mga freebies?? yung bank na lang din ba hihingi non?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kintsay View Post
    just in case ba, can i add as a contract with the agent that if i see any major problem (tipong transmission, electrical, etc), i have the right to demand for a replacement within 15 days that is if proven talaga na factory defect ito?
    Nasa Pinas ka pre, lol!

Just w8 for the approval of the lemon law. 4 times ipaayos sa dealer ang isang problem at d magawa, then replace.

Either dont buy hangat d pa pasado yan or magtiyaga ka lang sa pagbabasa d2 sa forum napakarami info d2 about napakarami sasakyan tunkol sa kung anu2x mga problems ng bawat isa at tingnan mo kung kaya mong sikmurain.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    regarding bank financing, do you also deal with the dealer?? or just leave it with the bank na lang??

also - pano yung mga freebies?? yung bank na lang din ba hihingi non?
    IMO, you should always arrange for your own financing. dealers can offer financing, but the options they present will always be favorable to them. if you deal directly with financing companies or banks, you will be able to negotiate or shop for terms that you will be happy with (or maybe you, your company or your family have contacts)...without the pressure and confusion of figuring out the loan terms at the same time you are making a decision on whether to buy a car.

get it all sorted out before you even set foot in the dealership...and once you have made your choice just hand over the cashier's check

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have noticed that for dealers they usually finance their vehicles 10% more than the banks do (for a 60 month term). What is the best way to pressure the dealer in pulling down their rates to match the banks? May advantages din kasi ako nakikita pag in-house financing kasi mas mabilis ang processing at releasing ng sasakyan.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so what to do first is shop around with the dealers.. then look for the best price, best deal, then tell the dealer that you will take out a loan in the bank to purchase the car. Then go to the bank and give them the dealer that you talked to and the agreed price? Is that the correct process??

Or shop around, find the best deal, then go to your bank and let them give you some figures then if it's higher, give them the deal that you got from the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    IMO, you should always arrange for your own financing. dealers can offer financing, but the options they present will always be favorable to them. if you deal directly with financing companies or banks, you will be able to negotiate or shop for terms that you will be happy with (or maybe you, your company or your family have contacts)...without the pressure and confusion of figuring out the loan terms at the same time you are making a decision on whether to buy a car.

get it all sorted out before you even set foot in the dealership...and once you have made your choice just hand over the cashier's check

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmm...

Is it possible to pay the required amount to purchase the vehicle in cash?

I mean, say that you really took the time to save for it.

Possible?

What are your advantages as a buyer when you do this?

Is the discount bigger? Do they throw in more accessories?

In the event that the vehicle you want only has one locally authorized dealer, how do you get the upper hand, so to speak, when negotiating a purchase?

Thanks.

Tips on Buying New Cars from Dealership