New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart88 View Post
    Well you got the best deal possible na in your case, let me point it out to you:

1. You are financing directly with the bank and not dealer in house kaya better for you since if you finance in house, the difference in the rate is the dealer's commission sa financing.

2. Getting your insurance from BPI is also good in the same manner direct ang insurance mo unlike sa dealer na meron pa silang profit/commission if yoiu get it from them.

3. I am not sure if they really have 40K discount if the unit is really limitted edition. Normally law of supply and demand, if a certain model is HOT and limitted ang supply, they dealers really do not give discounts and sometimes they install accessories and price them HIGH para extra profit sa dealer, while si Cusatomer, due to limitted nga ang availability and atat na atat magkaroon ng specific model, kakagatin. In this case, it is your choice if you want to pay extra.

Bogart
    Thanks Bogart...I think i did my research as well and saved about P50K (insurance and interest)...

You're right, the Limited Edition is just slightly different (with a 17" mags from 16") and the Carbon Bronze (gray) color which is not in the market yet to distinguish it from others (black, red and bluish silver)...Plus its MT (all the 2.0S will come in at AT ONLY after this)...And they added P20K which is not bad...

Thanks a Lot.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm curious, would you happen to know a ball-park figure or percentage on how much the dealers (Philippines) make (profit) per vehicle they sell? Its a bit difficult to get access to a vehicle's "invoice price" (price provided by the manufacturer to the dealer), unless you know someone from the inside.

Is it really possible to get a price discount instead of freebies (scenario: lets say the the vehicle in question, is not a "hot" car neither is it running stale for months in the dealer's lot ) ? AFAIK, the dealers operate uniformly regarding vehicle prices, as mandated by the car manufacturers. Dealers differentiate by giving different levels of freebies (usually low cost, value inflated, to make it look like one got a deal). I observed here in the Philippines, car purchasing process is more like a take-it-or-leave-it endeavor. Buyers here have a weak bargaining power vis-a-vis the car dealers (an exception are those less mainstream Korean or Chinese brands).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome to USA!!!
    Dito sa America napakadali makabili ng kotse. Kahit sino kaya basta meron kang trabaho. Two requirements lang para makabili ng kotse, 1. Social Security NUmber and US Driver's License.

If you are first time buyer na wala pang credit score, you can get a brand new corolla with only $1,500 down and monthly payment na $380.00 for 60 months. Easy diba. If you earn a minimum wage na $8.00/hour, 4 days of work lang covered na yung monthly mo sa kotse.

Brand new or used okay lang as long do not get a car more than $20,000 para di mabigat sa monthly.

Pag dating mo d2 contact me and I will explain further.

Bogart
    Im pretty much sure base model na corolla lang yan! not the S or LE model.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I'm curious, would you happen to know a ball-park figure or percentage on how much the dealers (Philippines) make (profit) per vehicle they sell? Its a bit difficult to get access to a vehicle's "invoice price" (price provided by the manufacturer to the dealer), unless you know someone from the inside.

Is it really possible to get a price discount instead of freebies (scenario: lets say the the vehicle in question, is not a "hot" car neither is it running stale for months in the dealer's lot ) ? AFAIK, the dealers operate uniformly regarding vehicle prices, as mandated by the car manufacturers. Dealers differentiate by giving different levels of freebies (usually low cost, value inflated, to make it look like one got a deal). I observed here in the Philippines, car purchasing process is more like a take-it-or-leave-it endeavor. Buyers here have a weak bargaining power vis-a-vis the car dealers (an exception are those less mainstream Korean or Chinese brands).
    The more expensive the vehicle, the larger the profit na kaya ibigay in form of discount. Some manufacturer regulates discounting kaya they give it away in terms of freebies which they bloat the price.

Sometimes for units na hindi mabili, the manufacturer offers incentives to the dealers which pwede idagdag sa regular discounts nila kaya minsan malaki ang discounts.

Normal profit ay nasa 6% for small cars with the highestsa 9% sa 1.5M and above cars.

The best is to ask price from at least 3 dealers and buy your car sa end of the month specially if it falls on a weekday kasi most likely naghahabol ng quota ang mga dealers kaya mas maganda deals during this time.

BOGART

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor View Post
    Im pretty much sure base model na corolla lang yan! not the S or LE model.
    Sorry to dissapoint you but this is not the base model which is CE..Sa ibang dealer siguro they will sell you this.

But me personally, para namang masyadong kawawa ka buying your first car here in US with pawis window.

LE na po yan with all power and 6 disc in dash at automatic transmissin na.

Di ko naman issugest yung S type kasi di naman praktical for a new buyer...medyo gising naman ng konti.

Sad to say most of our kababayans who are new here gusto mamahaling kotse agad with no downpayment pah. Medyo ginigising ko sila sa katotohanan kasi that is dreaming too much too soon......they need to establish first their credit worthiness here in US which is determined by the FICO Score...(credit score)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

You mean meron nang Chinese brand cars diyan?? Anong brand?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [quote=bogart88;878320]

Sorry to dissapoint you but this is not the base model which is CE..Sa ibang dealer siguro they will sell you this.

But me personally, para namang masyadong kawawa ka buying your first car here in US with pawis window.

LE na po yan with all power and 6 disc in dash at automatic transmissin na.

Di ko naman issugest yung S type kasi di naman praktical for a new buyer...medyo gising naman ng konti.

Sad to say most of our kababayans who are new here gusto mamahaling kotse agad with no downpayment pah. Medyo ginigising ko sila sa katotohanan kasi that is dreaming too much too soon......they need to establish first their credit worthiness here in US which is determined by the FICO Score...(credit score)

OO nga pala, to add to your original question, necessity ang kotse here depende sa State na pupuntahan mo and city. Like if you are going to New York, you really do not need a car there kasi everybody take the subway going to work and mahal parking sa new york. If you stay sa downtown LA, makaka survive ka rin w/o car kasi maraming bus. But in most area her in CA, kelangan mo talaga kotse coz matagal maghintay ng bus and very limitted ang mobility mo. Where are you planning to go ba?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Welcome to USA!!!
    Dito sa America napakadali makabili ng kotse. Kahit sino kaya basta meron kang trabaho. Two requirements lang para makabili ng kotse, 1. Social Security NUmber and US Driver's License.

If you are first time buyer na wala pang credit score, you can get a brand new corolla with only $1,500 down and monthly payment na $380.00 for 60 months. Easy diba. If you earn a minimum wage na $8.00/hour, 4 days of work lang covered na yung monthly mo sa kotse.

Brand new or used okay lang as long do not get a car more than $20,000 para di mabigat sa monthly.

Pag dating mo d2 contact me and I will explain further.

Bogart
    Thanks sa reply... have PM for you..

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sir Bogart,what you are doing is very COMMENDABLE. It's so nice to see Filipino's helping their co-filipinos. Thanks for sharing your knowledge just like all the other guru's here. keep it up!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Depende sa model ang discount... The more expensive, mas malaki ang discount kasi more profit. The best is ask at least 3 different dealerships so you can compare the best. Ask them to beat the other dealer's offer until you get the highest discount. Also if the model is hot and walang unit, no discount sila.
    Hello Bogart, appreciate your tips. Thanks.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Tips on Buying New Cars from Dealership