New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good evening, can you please help me. Im scheduled on checking honda civic eg hatch model 1995 all power and a b16a engine auto tranny tomorrow evening. Its for my brother pamasok sa school dito sa province namin.Can you give tips on how i can check if the change engine is okay. But its already indicated in the registration. And can you give me tips kung paano ko malalaman kung ok ung pangilalim nya and makina.

Sorry kung madame po ako tanong. Its my first time on buying a second hand car.
    TIA

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    And one thing pa nga po pala,the seller told me na tabas dw po ung springs nya kaya matagtag daw po?pano po kaya gagawin para mawala ung tagtag nya?kasi he told me na at highspeed daw po tumatagtag daw po kaya its a must na palitan ung springs?can you please enlighten me on that matter?salamat po sa mga magrereply.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Matagtag kasi putol yung stock springs. Unlike sa lowering springs mas stiff siya. I prefer stock springs for that since hindi naman siya kakarera.

For your case lets wait for the experts to comment..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Salamat po. Dapat po pala if ever mabili namin mapapalitan ng stock springs concern ko po kAsi is that sa manila manggagaling ung car then if ever i will be driving it on our province in bataan. Its quite a long drive po considering the condition ng road to bataan is not that good.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by toObaDfoRu View Post
    And one thing pa nga po pala,the seller told me na tabas dw po ung springs nya kaya matagtag daw po?pano po kaya gagawin para mawala ung tagtag nya?kasi he told me na at highspeed daw po tumatagtag daw po kaya its a must na palitan ung springs?can you please enlighten me on that matter?salamat po sa mga magrereply.

The owner cut the stock springs to lower the car. This not good nor safe.

You can replace the cut springs with original (surplus or 2nd hand). You can check online honda car forums for people selling their original springs. You can also check tuner shops like Auto-Plus and Speedlab if they have springs left by their customers to dispose.

Alternative is to buy lowering springs. This will help keep the lowered stance of the car. Lowering springs (new) can cost between P12,000 to P15,000 a set (installed).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    hindi safe yung cut springs. mababa nga yung ride height, pero mataas spring rate kaya matagtag. in the long run sisirain yung ibang component ng suspension. balik na lang sa stock springs or invest in proper lowering springs kung gusto mo lowered.

ask nyo po kung ano yung donor car ng makina pati yung transmission. auto tranny on an eg hatch? ang alam ko po yung mga lumabas dito na eg hatch puro manual...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by synysterG View Post
    hindi safe yung cut springs. mababa nga yung ride height, pero mataas spring rate kaya matagtag. in the long run sisirain yung ibang component ng suspension. balik na lang sa stock springs or invest in proper lowering springs kung gusto mo lowered.

ask nyo po kung ano yung donor car ng makina pati yung transmission. auto tranny on an eg hatch? ang alam ko po yung mga lumabas dito na eg hatch puro manual...
    He told that the tranny came from an automatic integra and its LSD. How will i know if the tranny is ok?

How much po kaya ang new stock springs?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good evening, can you please help me. Im scheduled on checking honda civic eg hatch model 1995 all power and a b16a engine auto tranny tomorrow evening. Its for my brother pamasok sa school dito sa province namin.Can you give tips on how i can check if the change engine is okay. But its already indicated in the registration. And can you give me tips kung paano ko malalaman kung ok ung pangilalim nya and makina.

Sorry kung madame po ako tanong. Its my first time on buying a second hand car.
    TIA
    up ko lang po. i really need your help.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    He told that the tranny came from an automatic integra and its LSD. How will i know if the tranny is ok?
    I'm not really an expert on transmissions.
    This may help: How do you know if your transmission is going out?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Seems like it went through a lot of modifications already. Manual converted to matic right? If I were in your shoes I'd walk away from that unit. It's so hard to find a stock EG hatch/sedan these days..

Ask him if he can accompany you to a gas station with a lifter so the mech can inspect it. That was what my friend did when he bought a used car.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Tips on buying honda civic EG hatchback