New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    tama sila pero kung ako tatanungin sir, iipon muna ako ng pang-DP for 30-50% then loan the car sa bank for 2-3 years, that way mas mababa ang interest at mas mabilis matapos ang car loan mo. downside lang is you get to pay more kasi the lesser months you pay, the higher the amount monthly pero the lower interest rates. at the end of the day, it is still your call pero i would say a Mitsu Mirage Hatch or G4 is a good choice for everyday/city driving lang except for the "makalampag at malambot na springs sa rear"

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Start with a one year budget. Plug all your regular income and deduct all expected expenses (meals, clothing, gas, car maintenance,insurance, registration, etc.). If the bottomline is still green, think if that is what you want to be in your pocket at the end of the year. If it is in the red, it is out of the question.

Other considerations:

1. May pang DP ka ba?
    2. Stable ba ang company?
    3. Palagi bang may overtime pay?
    4. Healthy ka ba?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yolo! Go!

Or gawin mong BFF si alvinladen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yolo! Go!

Iyan ang da best na suggestion!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yolo! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Iyan ang da best na suggestion!
    Nakakainit ng ulo

BTT: Minimum 50% down IMO to loan a car then shortest term possible.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rock2death View Post
    Hello mga sir, bago lang po ako dito and totally newbee po sa Car. Hingi sana ako advise sa inyo kung sapat na kaya yung income namin sa business para bumili ng car?

So 26 year old na po kami mag-asawa at my business, 2 years married but no baby yet. Laki din kami sa hirap pareho at nag sumikap para mag ka roon ng sariling negosyo kaya kung mayroon man kaming pag-gagamitan ng pera ay iniisip muna namin mabuti o nanghihingi ng advise sa ibang tao kung tama ba ang gagawin namin. We are planning to buy car next year sana but we are getting paranoid because of excise tax next year and the next two years. Ang net income namin sa business namin ay 120k to 150k a month. Plan na din namin mag baby this next year.

So hingi sana ako advise sa mga kuya ko dyan na mas may experience sa buhay, i do not want to regret later na kung bakit kumuha ako ng car na worth 1.5m, nga pala ang car na balak namin ay Mazda CX-5 FWD Pro at balak sana namin ay installment lang. So mga 10 to 15 years ba ang lifespan ng car? Ano ba ang tamang estado sa buhay para kumuha ng 1.5m car? Maraming Salamat po mga kuya!

go lang sa pagbuy ng car habang wala pang excise tax.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hello,

I am totally new here (can't start a thread, lol) and also a newbie with regards to cars. I really wanted a car and the excise tax implementation even triggered me more.

just wanna ask the same and some questions... Is it the time to buy my own Brand new Car? (this will be my first car)

What should be the percentage of my NET salary that can go to the monthly amortization? (please cite a range)

My State:
    - stable job
    - single
    - above average height (* 5'11 but skinny)

Purpose:
    - Weekend use only
    - Long drives
    - bili suka :D

Considerations:
    - budget
    - maintenance cost
    - realibility

Cars I'm eyeing: (all M/T variant - need to learn manual first)
    1. Lancer Ex - my dream car pero dahil sa bad reviews (and parts availability daw), kaya not sure
    2. Elantra - I like the looks and interior but also has bad reviews
    3. Altis - not sure if I can have this with my budget (E vs G variant?)
    4. NP300 Navarra - If I have the budget, Ill go for this one
    5. City - my last choice

Opinions please

I was also considering to buy a used car but my friends kept telling me to buy new para daw iwas sakit ng ulo.

Thanks in advance!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkana View Post
    Hello,

I am totally new here (can't start a thread, lol) and also a newbie with regards to cars. I really wanted a car and the excise tax implementation even triggered me more.

just wanna ask the same and some questions... Is it the time to buy my own Brand new Car? (this will be my first car)

What should be the percentage of my NET salary that can go to the monthly amortization? (please cite a range)

My State:
    - stable job
    - single

Purpose:
    - Weekend use only
    - Long drives

Considerations:
    - budget
    - maintenance cost
    - realibility

1. Lancer Ex - my dream car pero dahil sa bad reviews (and parts availability daw), kaya not sure
    5. City - my last choice

Opinions please

I was also considering to buy a used car but my friends kept telling me to buy new para daw iwas sakit ng ulo.

Thanks in advance!
    look at your financial status, po.
    how much are you willing and able to put aside monthly, to pay for your dream car, and still live decently and in relative comfort?

see the various car plans. deduct the monthlies from your take-home income.
    then kaltas an additional 5K monthly, from your remaining take-home money. this is my very conservative, estimated-out-of-the-hat monthly maintenance car expenses. gas, parking fees, insurance, pms schedule, etc. deduct 5K-10K more, if you feel you are maluho.
    if you still can live comfortably on what remains of your income, then you might afford a car.

the next step, is to go convince the financing firm, that you are worthy of their gamble.

kayo lang po ang nakaka-alam kung magkano ang kita ninyo.
    kayo lang po ang nakaka-alam, kung ano ang monthly gastos ninyo ngayon.
    at kayo lang po ang nakaka-alam, kung magkano ang nai-papasok ninyo sa bangko buwan-buwan. pag bili nyo ng kotse, hindi na sa bank account pupunta ang perang yan. sa finance company na.
    kaya po ba?
    Last edited by dr. d; November 15th, 2017 at 03:33 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkana View Post
    Hello,

My State:
    - stable job
    - single

Purpose:
    - Weekend use only
    - Long drives

Considerations:
    - budget
    - maintenance cost
    - realibility

5. City - my last choice

Opinions please

Thanks in advance!
    City. I haven't had issues with it - very fuel efficient, and roomy for its segment. There are a number of debates on the PMS costs of manufacturers, but I'm satisfied w/ Honda service, so far. No comment on buying a brand new vs. pre-owned cars - better if gurus can answer this.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *I can't reply with quote (newbie) but here's my response *rinkana

Honda City. I'm not saying this is the better brand/model out of your choices, but to my experience it was a reliable daily driver car (city driving mostly). I haven't had issues with it - very fuel efficient, and roomy for its segment. There are a number of debates on the PMS costs of manufacturers, but I'm satisfied w/ Honda service, so far. No comment on buying a brand new vs. pre-owned cars - i'll leave it to the gurus to answer this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast