New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    peeps, is it reasonable to expect car companies to start offering promos, slashing prices, etc. in light of the economic mess we're in? me balak kasi kaming bumili, but we're kinda lying in wait for them to offer good deals.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, in the form of discounts on the SRP of the cars. But don't expect to see those discounts in the ads. They will only give those discounts if you either call to inquire or personally visit their showrooms.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    so, in line with this.. when is the best time to buy a new car where discounts and freebies are usually at their highest/peak?

i hear that the best times to buy is during graduation season and christmas. is this true?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa mga new car models tulad ng new honda city na medyo malakas ang bentahan, wala masyadong promo.

Canvass canvass canvass

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    sa mga new car models tulad ng new honda city na medyo malakas ang bentahan, wala masyadong promo.

Canvass canvass canvass
    yes canvass talaga, 2-3 months of canvassing is much better, kung kaya mo pagsabungin mga dealers mas maganda, BUT DONT COMMIT to anyone first.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hi. i used to be a car saleman for suzuki makati... and if theres one thing that ive learned that is how to get the best deals without the promos. this is because promos are not offered by season but by the capability of that certain dealership and ng ahenteng kausap mo..actually dealers may offer them all year round (except for cbu japan units that are newly introduced... mababa pa discounts nun). so the best thing pa din is to haggle. alamin kung pano bibigay ang ahente just like alam ng ahente pano bumigay ang client. the problem is matrabaho. to this ive created a brokerage for any brand of car, brandnew or used. AutoBroker360 all uve to do is to contact me and then well talk. best deals always for ive agents sa lahat brands and dealerships. they will all bid for u thru me. for financing lowest interest rates i assure you.for free ito ha? just let me assist you all thru out the transaction.i will haggle and i will take care of ur financing application. no worries sa bank pa din to. theres a way around 0923-9798596

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by autobroker360 View Post
    hi. i used to be a car saleman for suzuki makati... and if theres one thing that ive learned that is how to get the best deals without the promos. this is because promos are not offered by season but by the capability of that certain dealership and ng ahenteng kausap mo..actually dealers may offer them all year round (except for cbu japan units that are newly introduced... mababa pa discounts nun). so the best thing pa din is to haggle. alamin kung pano bibigay ang ahente just like alam ng ahente pano bumigay ang client. the problem is matrabaho. to this ive created a brokerage for any brand of car, brandnew or used. AutoBroker360 all uve to do is to contact me and then well talk. best deals always for ive agents sa lahat brands and dealerships. they will all bid for u thru me. for financing lowest interest rates i assure you.for free ito ha? just let me assist you all thru out the transaction.i will haggle and i will take care of ur financing application. no worries sa bank pa din to. theres a way around 0923-9798596
    nice punch autobroker.. kahit delayed post. there's always a percentage from the bank kaya agents are trying na sila mag assist mag pa approve sa bank or maki haggle sa pag PO. iba pa kasi yung percentage na binibigay ng planta sa dealer and plus incentives na binibigay ng dealer sa agents.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    peeps, is it reasonable to expect car companies to start offering promos, slashing prices, etc. in light of the economic mess we're in? me balak kasi kaming bumili, but we're kinda lying in wait for them to offer good deals.
    Yup, patience is a virtue and so is good research (you can start here). Obviously, these SAs and dealerships have month-end quotas to fill for their incentives, so a good time to inquire is near the end of the month.

One more thing, buy your car in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year. Reason is, most dealerships in the 1st quarter will sell you cars manufactured in the previous year (unless they really have a hot product). You will never know how long that car has been sitting in the warehouse from the previous year.

If you buy in the 4th quarter, it'll depreciate rather quickly since as soon as it hits Jan 1 of the next year. And while dealers would change the date to make it look like next year's model, savvy second hand buyers will still use the manufacture date when they appraise the vehicle.

sweet car deals this 2009