New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    [SIZE=2]Guys please help…I’m planning to buy SUV or MPV. I got Family of 5, I want extra seats for Grandparents or nieces….hanap ko yung meron 7-seaters…or max. 8…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Here’s my preferences..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]1.0 FORD EVEREST 2.5L Intercooler turbo DSL 4x2 M/T[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]2.0 4 x 2 Captiva. 2.4 liter DOHC, AT (gas) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]3.0 [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Nissan Grand Livina (Road Master)[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]…most likely by September 2010, I’ll be visiting those dealers….needs a heads up…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Yung Innova model, since 2003, pa ba sya? 8-seaters kaya lang lumang model eh..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Any new for MPV coming for Toyota or Nissan?...hope its 7-8seaters too… [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pag medyo tight ang budget, go for grand livina pero pag OK naman ang budget go for captiva.

SHARING IS CARING.....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Innova isn't old. It was released last late 04, got a minor facelift last year. Design is pretty okay, well not that appealing in terms of it's design but it seats people comfortably.

But if innova is out from your choices, I'd get the Everest. The Captiva being a chevrolet should have a costly maintenance and it could be a gas guzzling SUV too.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    They'll be cramped inside those cars you've mentioned. I recommend you consider a Hyundai Grand Starex. At least, it won't be a pain to get in and get out of it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Instead of getting a SUV or MPV where the ones seating at the back row will have to amputate their legs off to get properly seated, why not opt for the Hyundai Starex? It seats 10 to 12 people in comfort.

It costs just about just as much as the other choices on the list and it's diesel so running costs isn't as expensive.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Since your considering a petrol powered (Livina and Captiva)alternative and your budget ranges from 1M(Livina) to 1.35+M (Everest 4x2 MT). May I suggest the just facelifted Hyundai Santa Fe?

4x2 2.4L Theta-II gasoline engine.
    Good thing about this most affordable variant is that only the diesel drivetrain and 4wd sets it apart from more expensive models. Apart from that, features and amenities and even safety equipment they're all same.

Mitsubishi Grandis may fall onto your budget as well. It is an underrated car. On paper it could give the Previa a run for its money.

Ssangyong Stavic, if you're desperate to be unique.

Fortuner 2.5 MT is also available for 1.349M

Happy hunting!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    starex, kia carnival or innova gas

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, KIA Carnival is topnotch too! lalo na yung power doors. Astig.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Yeah, KIA Carnival is topnotch too! lalo na yung power doors. Astig.
    True but the Kia Carnival is also P200,000 more expensive than the Hyundai Starex. Not to mention, the Carnival only seats 8 people while the Starex can seat 10 to 12 people depending on variant.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're considering a gasoline Captiva, there are better options... the Honda CR-V gets better economy and performance with the same 2.4 liter engine... and it's a nicer car. Sure, it doesn't have seven seats... but the third row in the Captiva and the Livina are really small, and only good for occassional use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

SUV and MPV 7 to 8-Seaters