New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    have a plan to upgrade car, which one is the best choice ? mu-x , montero , trailblazer
    or the new everest, next year ko pa naman balak baka antayin ko na lumabas ito if ever man .

1. resale value
    2. looks :naughty2:
    3. cost of pms
    4 performance? hindi sakin big deal basta wag lang underpower
    5. durability

any comments and suggestion ? more power tsikot !

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Based on your criteria and your choices, definitely the Montero. Even the GLX is enough for your requirements already, but of course the GLS-V has more power and toys if you can afford the ~150k difference.

New Everest is the most promising of all but expect that it'll be very, very difficult to get a unit even after a year from its release.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    have a plan to upgrade car, which one is the best choice ? mu-x , montero , trailblazer
    or the new everest, next year ko pa naman balak baka antayin ko na lumabas ito if ever man .

1. resale value
    2. looks :naughty2:
    3. cost of pms
    4 performance? hindi sakin big deal basta wag lang underpower
    5. durability

any comments and suggestion ? more power tsikot !
    1. Resale value – Japanese brands are known to have good resale value.
    2. Looks – subjective
    3. Cost of pms – hindi magkakalayo yan. Sa after sales service na magkakatalo, and still the Japanese brands are better on that area lalo na sa availability ng parts.
    4. Performance – all your 3 choices will be more than enough to meet your daily needs. Unless your planning to use your car in a race palage or you go on extreme trailing on week-ends.
    5. Durability – Isuzu is well known for its durability, but then IMO any car that is properly maintain and follow PMS religiously will last for a long time regardless of brand/maker.

I like the design of the new everest also. But the mu-x and everest still needs to prove or show something to the consumer since bago pa sila. While the monty and TB na options mo have already settled their image sa Philippine market. My 2cents only.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    ^ sometimes racing din hehe . pinaka bet ko ang montero talaga kaya lang since lumabas na itong mu-x nag bago isip ko, mu-x kasi ang pinaka hot sa market natin ngayun panigiuradong matagal mag labas ng facelift kaya hindi agad mag mumukang luma ang sasakyan , try to test drive mu-x , andun pa rin yung trade mark ng isuzu na maingay sa loob .. pero sa features panalo rin kahit base variant naka touchscreen monitor na

how about the TB ? sa specs siya yata pinaka malakas na suv sa hanay nila .

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Based on your criteria and your choices, definitely the Montero. Even the GLX is enough for your requirements already, but of course the GLS-V has more power and toys if you can afford the ~150k difference.

New Everest is the most promising of all but expect that it'll be very, very difficult to get a unit even after a year from its release.
    ow yes , the paddle shift :naughty2: gusto ko ang montero noon pa man dahil sa mga features niya..baka nga lang biglang lumabas ang all new ng montero , strada kasi meron na . nag basa ako sa kabilang thread , mausok daw kahit bago at may kamahalan sa maintenance ang montero , ? and base sa FC ang vgt nag consume daw ng 6-8km/l ? correct me if i'm wrong ..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    conflicting ata ang gusto mo mangyare TS. You want to race sometimes and yet concern ka sa FC. You cant win any race on an economical engine car I have a glsv strada MT. same engine as the monty. I get about 9-10km/liter since mabigat minsan yung right foot ko. My wife gets 13km/l since she shift gears around 1500rpm and cruise at 1500-2000 rpm.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Race with a ladder-frame midsize SUV? I guess racing is not one of the category's capabilities unless you seriously make mods to keep it planted to the ground. If you want a fast car for something less than 2M, get a WRX or something with about 250hp (or more). If you want a good handling CUV with ample power, go with the Forester XT.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Race a Montero Sport?

Oh my Good Lord.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sus, I bet "racing" = driving recklessly on the highway

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Eye opener.

Photo from the world wide web.

untitled.jpg