New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlem1001 View Post
    Hello,

Just want your expert opinion regarding the following vehicles on which one is the best to buy.

1. Montero Sport GLX non-VGT
    2. Fortuner 2.5V
    3. Everest 2.5

My considerations are:

1. FC
    2. Parts (availability and price)
    3. Reliability
    4. Ease of maintenance

Thanks!
    With the current choices, I'll choose the MS GLX simply because of its lower price range. 1.208M for MT and 1.308M yata for AT. Still, more or less 200k cheaper than a Fort 2.5 or the Everest.

Comparing Fort 2.5G and MS GLX will be better since price difference is smaller.

To TS, I agree with most posts here that it all boils down to your preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. Next thing you know some fanboy will suggest the DMax and show off charts again.
    This one made my day. heheheheheee...Everest ang unit ko pero magsishift ako sa Fort2.5 V next year. TS, Mag Fofort ka na.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    One of the main reasons I dislike the Fort is the cramped interior, despite the bulky looking exterior. Being pretty much the same car from 2005, no amount of facelifts and redesigns can change that. Ceiling mounted air vents make for limited headroom especially for the 2nd and 3rd row. Legroom is also virtually non-existent in the 3rd row!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by D3nb3r View Post
    Better stick with the TS question. If not this thread will end up like those other thread na maging my-car-is-better-than-your-car kind of thing.

IMO I dont think the TS is planning to go off-roading or road racing as he didn't mention it. It doesn't mean if naging topic sa TGP by Ferman Lao ang isang car na all of them are like that. Same as other people telling that the D4D engines are sensitive to bad fuel quality which we can't deny na we really dont have a good fuel quality in the Philippines but it doesnt mean that all D4D engines are like that. All cars regardless of brand have lemons.

FC still depend on your habit of driving. 2.5 nga engine mo but pag mag maneho ka naman eh daig mo yung nag co cross country sa dakar eh mas malakas pa konsumo mo nyan kasya nka 3.0 that properly changes gear on a low rpm.
    Chief, si yours truly did not even suggest off-roading on either of the three SUVs on enquiry, even car racing at may Dakar rally pa hehe

Huwag kang magalit if mga tao na Monty owners (kung Monty owner ka man chief), gaya noong gentleman sa TG Phils ay sinasabi lamang ang pawang katotohanan at nai-emphasised niya ito sa letter na sinagot naman ni Mr. Lao at pinatibay pa ang pagka-anemic nito.... Si yours truly ay nag-rerelay lang naman ng credible findings sa tao concerning one of his choices, which is the Montysport. At available naman ang info sa TG Phils.

Huwag ka na mainis sa mga taong nagsasabi ng totoo, kase katotohanan yan eh hehe.... Di ba nagsusubaybay ka diyan sa Pinas re pork barrel trial to find out the truth? Ganoon din yan sa taong gagastos ng mahigit isang million para sa SUV.... Kaya relax ka lang idol

Cheers!

Last edited by d_mac; September 26th, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Chief, si yours truly did not even suggest off-roading on either of the three SUVs on enquiry, even car racing at may Dakar rally pa hehe

Huwag kang magalit if mga tao na Monty owners (kung Monty owner ka man chief), gaya noong gentleman sa TG Phils ay sinasabi lamang ang pawang katotohanan at nai-emphasised niya ito sa letter na sinagot naman ni Mr. Lao at pinatibay pa ang pagka-anemic nito.... Si yours truly ay nag-rerelay lang naman ng credible findings sa tao concerning one of his choices, which is the Montysport. At available naman ang info sa TG Phils.

Huwag ka na mainis sa mga taong nagsasabi ng totoo, kase katotohanan yan eh hehe.... Di ba nagsusubaybay ka diyan sa Pinas re pork barrel trial to find out the truth? Ganoon din yan sa taong gagastos ng mahigit isang million para sa SUV.... Kaya relax ka lang idol

Cheers!

No body is angry with anybody boss. this just purely for discussion purposes. I was just reminding everybody not to make this thread a contest between who's car is better and to stick with what the TS is asking for. And I'm not a monty owner and as you can see from my previous comment that I said i'll go w/ either 1 or 2. that means I also like the Fort.

Nakita ko kasi sa ibang thread na kung minsan na hi-jack na yung topic nung TS and it became like a boxing match nang mga car fanatics.

I apologize if I might've sounded angry but trust me, I wasn't. :2thumbsup:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I have a fortuner 3.0 v 4x4 before its the best in terms of power, looks. Matagtag talaga ang fortuner matagal na alam ng lahat pero nasanay ako. Sa fuel consumption 6-7kms/liter. But now my suv is a monterosport gls-v. Ride, fuel consumption, space sa interior lamang si montero. Power almost the same. But im happy with my montero because of the fuel consumption at the same time with power.

Sent from my S3 using tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I owned both before and to be honest, ai think mas malaki interior space ng fort compared to montero except for the 3rd row

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas malaki interior space ng fort sa montero. smallest interior space nga ang montero sa 3 choices ng TS e.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Go for the 2.5V fortuner, classier interior and exterior. The 2.5G Fortuner is worth a look as well (no leather seats, HID, headlamp washers and GPS) but still has the same vnt engine. Everest is due for a replacement soon. Montero has cheap plastics and is pretty cramped in terms of elbow room. I also agree with the lack of low-end torque even for the V variant.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    The only reason you're getting the monty is because it rides so well. That's it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast