New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hello,

Just want your expert opinion regarding the following vehicles on which one is the best to buy.

1. Montero Sport GLX non-VGT
    2. Fortuner 2.5V
    3. Everest 2.5

My considerations are:

1. FC
    2. Parts (availability and price)
    3. Reliability
    4. Ease of maintenance

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Number 2.

Peace out!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlem1001 View Post
    Hello,

Just want your expert opinion regarding the following vehicles on which one is the best to buy.

2. Fortuner 2.5V
    3. Everest 2.5

My considerations are:

1. FC
    3. Reliability
    4. Ease of maintenance

Thanks!
    you could never go wrong with either 1 or 2 sir.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Fortuner ,

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-H using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello,

2. Fortuner 2.5V
    3. Everest 2.5

My considerations are:

1. FC
    3. Reliability
    4. Ease of maintenance

Thanks!
    The three are quite neck to neck when it comes to your considerations. Though I'd say the Fortuner looks the best, the Montero has the best ride, and the Everest has the most space and the best handling.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hello,

2. Fortuner 2.5V
    3. Everest 2.5

My considerations are:

1. FC
    3. Reliability
    4. Ease of maintenance

Thanks!
    It all comes down to your taste and preference but I'll go with either 1 or 2.
    Comfort: monty is better than the fort as the fort tends to have more body roll.
    Parts: Japanese brands are well known for good availability of their parts.
    FC: it all depends on your driving style and right foot.
    Reliability: they are all reliable as long as you take good care of it.
    BTW: the non-VGT monty and a V-variant fort, has a price difference of about more or less 400k.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Now that you mention it... The Montero GLS-V would be nearer to the Fortuner 2.5V in terms of price. Slightly cheaper, in fact. And then you get a more powerful engine and a superior 5 speed tranny with manual shift override.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Hi Sir Nivlem1001,

Fortuner 2.5 D-4D with the intercooler and VNT....

The Forty's low-end power, even for a 2.5-litre without VNT, comes earlier than you would notice it from a Montysport, even if the Monty is VGT'd, very anemic and noticeable or pronounced ang lack of low end power ang mga Monty sa totoo lang.... Mausok pati lalo na pag piga mo sa silinyador....

You might wanna see the other site, Top G Phils. where a Montysport GT-V owner is asking/ complaining why his SUV has a pronounced lack of low end power. He made an enquiry to Ferman Lao under the Motormouth Online....

Mas matipid sa consumo ng diesel ang 2.5 D-4D kaysa sa 2.5 4D56 chief, by the way, at mas cheaper ang maintenance cost sa lahat ng SUV lalo na sa mga Toyota service centres....

Goodluck sa choices mo sir....

Cheers!!

Last edited by d_mac; September 26th, 2013 at 01:23 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Better stick with the TS question. If not this thread will end up like those other thread na maging my-car-is-better-than-your-car kind of thing.

IMO I dont think the TS is planning to go off-roading or road racing as he didn't mention it. It doesn't mean if naging topic sa TGP by Ferman Lao ang isang car na all of them are like that. Same as other people telling that the D4D engines are sensitive to bad fuel quality which we can't deny na we really dont have a good fuel quality in the Philippines but it doesnt mean that all D4D engines are like that. All cars regardless of brand have lemons.

FC still depend on your habit of driving. 2.5 nga engine mo but pag mag maneho ka naman eh daig mo yung nag co cross country sa dakar eh mas malakas pa konsumo mo nyan kasya nka 3.0 that properly changes gear on a low rpm.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Agreed. Next thing you know some fanboy will suggest the DMax and show off charts again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast