New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    need help in deciding what to buy. I am looking for an SUV/AUV or van for my growing family. my budget is limited to 380 - 430thousand. diesel engine, manual transmission and bigger space that could occupy 7-9 pax. 90 percent of my route is city driving that is why a ride with fuel consumption of 10-12 city driving will really suit me and my daily gas allowance. By the way, i am assigned here at cebu, thank you guys in advance and God bless.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rickysomers2k1 View Post
    need help in deciding what to buy. I am looking for an SUV/AUV or van for my growing family. my budget is limited to 380 - 430thousand. diesel engine, manual transmission and bigger space that could occupy 7-9 pax. 90 percent of my route is city driving that is why a ride with fuel consumption of 10-12 city driving will really suit me and my daily gas allowance. By the way, i am assigned here at cebu, thank you guys in advance and God bless.
    2001-02 Crosswind XTO

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Starex Turbo Intercooler would be my bet for you. Its a real ten seater in a 3-3-4 configuration if I'm not mistaken. The ride is superb and performance is good enough (though you may want to opt for the M/T variant for better performance and fuel mileage). The additional seats in the SUVs and AUVs (usually side facing) are mostly for emergency purposes only and are very uncomfortable especially if you plan to drive for an hour or more. They're also very cramped and usually made for smaller people only as I can hardly fit in our Trooper's 3rd row.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    For your stated budget, toyota fx will be just fine.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hyundai Starex millenium edition, pasok na yang budget mo. 9-seater 3-3-3 configuration, pwede pang maging 10 (3-3-4) kung di naman mga dabyana ang sasakay sa 3rd row. iba ang luwang ng van compared sa auv. whether passenger or cargo. sana kung andito ka sa manila e madaming ex-korea dealers dito, sa mindanao avenue sa quezon city tambak ang starex dun. of course pwede ka naman magbyahe dito tapos i-roro mo na lang hangang cebu.

huwag ka na mag-auv, maliit masyado saka yung rear seats e jeepney style kawawa naman nakasakay sa likod pag long drive.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kahit local millenium SVX pasok sa budget ni TS.

We sold our 2000 SVX for 375K way back Nov 2007. However, we still have our Club, may mga nag-ooffer pa ng 440K
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; July 12th, 2011 at 11:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thank you guys for the advices.

i have three options right now, a 2004 hyundai starex gti, dsl, m/t at 6km/lit being offered at 460T. second is a 2005 isuzu crosswind xti, m/t at 480T. last is an 2005 innova j m/t dsl at 485T. what do you think guys?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rickysomers2k1 View Post
    thank you guys for the advices.

i have three options right now, a 2004 hyundai starex gti, dsl, m/t at 6km/lit being offered at 460T. second is a 2005 isuzu crosswind xti, m/t at 480T. last is an 2005 innova j m/t dsl at 485T. what do you think guys?
    Wait, a 2004 Starex for just 460k? Kakilala mo ba yung nagbebenta? Is it Turbo Intercooler or CRDi? Atsaka baka GRX yung sinasabi mo at hindi GTI. A well maintained M/T Starex should do much better than 6 km/L. If the Starex is in good condition, it is the most comfortable and spacious choice, not to mention the most upscale one too. If the Starex you found is the Turbo Intercooler version, then the Innova is the most powerful choice. But then it is not very comfortable, and the interior is not as spacious either. The Crosswind is a safe choice as it is very durable and economical. But then, it is very uncomfortable especially if you will be seating 10 people frequently.

I would get the Crosswind...

SUV/AUV/VAN (7-9 pax) for my growing family