New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Please suggest an alternative to a used 2012 Subaru Forester ... only issue with Subaru is parts availability outside of dealer ... price should be around 650T ... Have considered the 2012 CR-V and CR-V but there are few used ones ... Also a 2011 Honda Accord but there's the ground clearance issue ... Diesel PPVs are more expensive (including the Toyota Innova) ...

Preferences:
    Ground clearance ...
    Japanese brand ...
    5 years or newer ...
    650T more or less ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about a previous gen Xtrail? Midsize cars from 2011 onwards are good options as these cars are usually low mileage and taken cared of by owners, not to mention they are being sold at around less than half of its brand new price.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I've been thinking.. are there CUVs that have plenty of parts outside the casa? I'm not referring to the maintenance consumables.. Only CUV comes to mind would be a CRV or probably an old escape. The korean CUV twins on the other hand seem to have reliable part sources in Banawe and Pasay.

Walter, if you're from QC, that shop along E.Rod is a big help for Subaru owners. They source parts and install it for you. Might want to give them a call to give answers to your doubts .

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Are you referring to Fusion R? ... Anyone got their number? ... Previous gen X-Trail is not so appealing ... also few sellers for 2011 and 2012 Honda Accord ... Toyota Camry during this period has melting dashboard issues ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You can check out the previous gen Mazda6 (2009-2012 model) or the Mazda CX7. 650k can get you a late model 8th gen Accord 2.4L. If I do encounter some around here in BF Homes Paranaque area, I will post the contact number of the seller.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Are you referring to Fusion R? ... Anyone got their number? ... Previous gen X-Trail is not so appealing ... also few sellers for 2011 and 2012 Honda Accord ... Toyota Camry during this period has melting dashboard issues ...
    724 3921 look for the owner, Oliver Go. I'm not sure if his female secretary can answer your queries but you can also try calling her at 0922 853 2700.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If I do encounter some around here in BF Homes Paranaque area, I will post the contact number of the seller.

Thank you ... it's either a Subaru Forester SH / SJ or a Mazda CX-5 ...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not considering the Santa Fe or Sorento? Aside from being very fast diesels and 7 seaters, parts are easily obtained in the Banawe area.

The 5 seater Jap CUVs are ridiculously expensive. There are quite a few CRVs being sold, but mostly at a ridiculous 800+k already. The only ones that seem to fit your budget are the X-Trail and the CX7.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Prefer to buy Japanese or European if used ... Korean cars are not that durable ... Yes, the Koreans have improved but still not up to par with Japanese ...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Prefer to buy Japanese or European if used ... Korean cars are not that durable ... Yes, the Koreans have improved but still not up to par with Japanese ...
    Agree with the not that durable part. But some Japanese cars aren't any better either, if not worse.

We have a 2007 Santa Fe CRDi with 75tkms and a 2006 Mazda Tribute 2.3 with 69tkms. While the SF has had starter motor repairs and replaced engine and transmission supports along with a broken 3rd brake light and radio antenna, the Tribute has pretty much the entire AC system replaced along with the alternator, engine and transmission supports, IAC valve (very expensive!), lots of bearings and tensioners and a fan motor due to overheating!

BTW, is fuel consumption not a major concern?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Suggest alternative to used 2012 Subaru Forester ...