New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Sa akin ok lang galing subic kung Benz or Bmw ang paguusapan kse they were originally sold as LHD's in Japan so walang conversion sa sasakyan. Pero kung mga Pajero and etc. e wag na lang.
    mahirap din to kasi mahal piyesa if ever marami palang problema or hindi naalagaan mabuti.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    what's the difference between a properly converted and not properly converted (RHD to LHD)? does the proper conversion mean that there's no cut and weld anymore and is it done by an official manufacturer's dealer sa pilipinas?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Official service centers more likely won't do it. Medyo galit yung mga yun sa Subic importers, whom they perceive as killing the retail market for new vehicles.

Yeah... a proper conversion uses a steering rack and equipment from the left-hand-drive version of the vehicle. In the case of a vehicle like the Skyline, which has no Left-Hand-Drive version, they use the rack and dashboard from the closest match, mated to the Skyline's steering system. (It's been a while, I'm fuzzy on what the other car is...)

You can't avoid cutting into the firewall, but there's usually a "blank" left in the sheetmetal, a provision for fitting the rack, that will be cut out. You have to check that the steering assembly has been mounted properly, and that there are no sloppily welded together parts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Additionally, dapat yung pinang-welding is the same material as the stuff being welded. Kunwari, kung SS yung winiweld, dapat pang SS din yung welding rod.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi I been using subic cars since 1992 my first car from subic was a honda accorrd and two nissan 280zx's and I was very contented with these cars. Then in 2000 I bought 4x4 delica and owned it for three years and upgraded to a pajero ang used it for 3 years also with all of these vehicles I never had any problems because in the first place I know what Im doing. Subic vehicles are alright as long as long as you know how to check everything first before buying. Always check the conversion and the proper documents so that you wont have any problems in the long run and always look for the customs payment and verify the documents first sa LTO para sigurado ka. So far I have sold about 25 subic suvs this year and only about 3 units gave me problems.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Guys, I have 350k and I need to buy a SUV for my dad's birthday.

I can stretch up to 400k if ride is mint condition (minimal repair work).

Must be diesel with automatic transmission (he's knees are no longer suited for manual clutch work).

Here are some suggested options:

1.) Bighorn 3.1
    2.) LC70 Prado
    3.) Pajero 2.8
    4.) Patrol (medyo masikip for it's size)
    5.) Hilux Surf
    6.) LC80 Land Cruiser (should be top choice if pasok sa budget)

Input from current owners of the following is very much appreciated. What do you guys think?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boopis View Post

Must be diesel with automatic transmission (he's knees are no longer suited for manual clutch work).

1.) Bighorn 3.1
    2.) LC70 Prado
    3.) Pajero 2.8
    5.) Hilux Surf

Input from current owners of the following is very much appreciated. What do you guys think?
    I think Pajero 2.5 is good enough, though underpowered and no airscoops like 2.8. mas malakas ang consumption ng 2.8

for 400k, I don't think you can buy easy a Local Pajero 2.8 or 2.5 kahit Subic 2.8.

and you need to carefuly check the vehicle's condition, baka problema lang ang ma regalo mo sa Dad mo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    and you need to carefuly check the vehicle's condition, baka problema lang ang ma regalo mo sa Dad mo.
    yes, I agree with this one. There are people who are very fortunate of having good subic rides. But those who are not fortunate ended up selling them, due to problems and much worst, traumatic accidents.

The local cars are your best bet. Theyre not as well equipped as those subic cars but they are very well planted in the Philippines already.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boopis View Post

1.) Bighorn 3.1
    2.) LC70 Prado
    3.) Pajero 2.8
    5.) Hilux Surf

hi Boopis, i think i might just have the car for your. pls. see the link below.

http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=130133047426

if u really are interested send me a PM or e-mail to "miguel_mpo*yahoo.com".
    actually the car has been on our stable for more than a year. we want to sell it that would
    serve as D/P money for a new H.Getz. Anyway the over-all conversion of the car is pretty Solid. i've driven the car to the South two times w/o any problem. had already replaced the Timing Belt (+other auxiliries) in Toyota Pasong Tamo ,which was in itself very pristine condition. the only problem we had was Airconditioning, Its all Solved now, replaced Compressor (busted probably due to high pressure), and one of the two FAN's for the Condenser Fins.
    Last edited by parakitoJDM; July 16th, 2007 at 06:00 PM.

e kung eto:

r34 skyline gtr-blue na for sale

bibilhin nyo kaya to kahit converted???

buying converted rides dapat marunong ka na sa sasakyan, di lang dapat may maekaniko ka..kung baguhan/only car/drive-and-ride ka lang, HINDI ito para sayo...go local or magipon ka ng b-new!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Are Subic/exJDM cars worth buying?