New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    First of all, what your going to buy is a surplus van, so you really have to look/inspect the whole unit before buying and don't expect it not to have problems in the long run cause we don't know how it was manage/maintained while in abroad, you have to inspect first how it was converted, dito kasi minsan nagkakaproblema lalo na kung hindi naman mekaniko ang gumawa (backyard mechanics or fly-by-night-shops). For me i own a delica van and was really satisfied with it, Check the steering kung pantay ba yung liko sa left and right. Proper inspection and maintenance would be a key on prolonging the vehicles life, kahit naman sa bagong cars ganun din.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    if you dont know nothing about cars especially kung di ka DIY, dont buy subic cars.

Halos lahat ng satisfied sa kanilang subic cars ay may alam talaga sa kotse. Jappy and turbo live and breathe cars-jappy if Im not mistaken owns AMC (gumagawa ng hammer) and turbo maintains his stable of muscle, kaya alam nila tumingin kaya di sila naisahan. kung di ka masyadong marunong mag DIY, i wouldnt suggest it.

kung susugal ka at chambahan lang.. make sure the odds are in your favor.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    friend ko naman bumili ng Bighorn .... okay naman wala naman syang problema nabanggit sa kin maliban sa sobrang takaw sa crudo hehehhe .... dati ata 5kms/liter ngayon 4.5kms/liter na lang daw ..... kaya gusto na ibenta.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    bago ka bumili ng subic cars, isipin mo muna ang kapakanan ng ibang tao.
    tama rin, at the end it also has indirect economic disadvantage for others and for the buyer as well...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Go find honest dealers/sellers. Some do their own checking after the conversion just to make sure they are roadworthy. I know my friend haven't had a problem with his after 2 years already. Very satisfied siya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I bought a Mitsubishi RVR Sports Gear, A/T, diesel last 2005. Wala akong naging problema. Super lamig aircon kaya lang bumigay compressor after 1 year. Napakaganda rin nang pagkaconvert di halatang RHD sya before. Yung panel napakakinis. Unang-unang pinalitan ko paglabas sa dealer eh timing belt, mahirap na! I already sold my RVR last week, nanghihinayang ako actually. Yung pinagbentahan ko pinang down ko sa INNOVA. Kailangan kasi namin nang medyo malaking sasakyan. Make sure na me kasama kang mekaniko pag bumili ka nang Subic car, pa check mo lahat pati pang ilalim. Pati yung pagkaconvert nya. Tama rin sila tsambahan talaga.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i bought paj 4M40 TDIC last Dec'06. Up to now im very satisfied wala pa kc me problem na encounter.OK ang engine,aircon & ok ang conversion they use original pitman arm . .naka tsamba ako. nag palit lang me ng brand new tires sa front yung rear tire bago pa.

i bought my paj sa maliit na buy& sell inside subic, mas maganda ang pagka convert kc natutukan nila except sa big auction basta na ginawa.

try to bring mechanic when U buy a 2nd hand vehicle.para mas macheck ng ayos ang vehicle.

mas OK ang local kc original LHD, kaso medyo mahal lang ang price.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    we own a honda odyssey. we got it directly from a direct importer and dealer of trucks at a very low price and it's in perfect condition, parang bago. when it arrived in subic, we go there, namili na kami before pa maconvert. we bought it cause all the specs are the same with honda accord and the local odyssey. conversion is original. kaya tips, if you want to buy subic cars, you should canvass first if parts are available here. some of the models and brand walang piyesa dito. and young mga auction, pinagpilian na yon.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    just want to asked,, this may be a really out of topic question,, but which is safer? i mean people say that RHD to LHD converted cars or SUVs are not safe... let me asked another question. are jeepneys and owners any safer, when are they jst made in the kanto kanto of towns and provinces? at least in subic they have a standard for converting vechicles....and to think the car manufaturers are clamoring for the total ban of this vechicles, but then again you can probably go to banawe, evangelista or bluementrit and assembly a car or truck just by using parts that are available right in front of you.. but no one is saying anything about their safety... just a thought....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sa akin ok lang galing subic kung Benz or Bmw ang paguusapan kse they were originally sold as LHD's in Japan so walang conversion sa sasakyan. Pero kung mga Pajero and etc. e wag na lang.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Are Subic/exJDM cars worth buying?