New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    an eclipse, murano, or others as a first car? that car will serve as my daily car for 10 years...budget 2.5m..wala ako masyadong alam sa sasakyan e..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Since you don't have an idea of what you want...why don't you get a Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, or a Honda Civic...After a year..you will have a better idea on what you want, then you can sell or swap your current vehicle. In that scenario, you will only lose maybe around 200K...and you will get what you 'really' want.

2.5M is a big chunk of money to spend on things which you are unsure.
    Last edited by DonT; April 27th, 2009 at 02:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    wow.. ten years.. i suggest you read up a lot. there are tons of threads in this site alone which can help you decide what to get.
    also, get two rides instead one if you plan for keep them for 10years as daily drives.

if i have 2.5 to spend, i'll buy myself a Altis 2.0 (1M) and a Montero Sport GLS 4X4 (1.5). that way, i have the luxury of a sedan with power for daily drives and a 4x4 Suv for weekends and outings.

if you really want sports car feel, try checking out Lancer EX GTA - (1.3M) couple it with an Escape 4X4 (1.2).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'll tell you what I'll do:

Put half of 2.5M in the bank and buy a new car worth no more than 1.2M. I'll have the option to keep it or sell it after 5 years.

Then after that, I'd get my money from the bank (with interest) and if I decided to sell my first car, add the proceeds and get another, much nicer car.

With a 2.5M budget, I'd get two cars, but purchased at least 5 years apart.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'll tell you what I'll do:

Put half of 2.5M in the bank and buy a new car worth no more than 1.2M. I'll have the option to keep it or sell it after 5 years.

Then after that, I'd get my money from the bank (with interest) and if I decided to sell my first car, add the proceeds and get another, much nicer car.

With a 2.5M budget, I'd get two cars, but purchased at least 5 years apart.
    Ang taray ng lolo ko :P. Pero +1111111 ako sa reaction ni sir oj88. sa 2.5M ill budget, bili ako second hand na Ford RS worth 400k as my first car and yung 2.1 house and lot na uuwian ko ng mga tsika babes hehe. peace man!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    Ang taray ng lolo ko :P....
    Di naman.. hehe. Masaya naman ako nung sinulat ko yan. :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kung new driver, tama, cheaper car muna.

but if you really have to choose 1 vehicle for 10 years, imho SUV kunin mo panlaban sa baha at lubak. noteworthy is the 2010 nissan patrol, hopefully the diesel variant fits into the 2.5m price range. The Murano also had a facelift recently. Of course, best bang for the buck are hyundai SUVs.
    Last edited by Negus; April 27th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris21 View Post
    an eclipse, murano, or others as a first car? that car will serve as my daily car for 10 years...budget 2.5m..wala ako masyadong alam sa sasakyan e..
    Either choice (sporty car or SUV) would be a good choice DEPENDING in what kind of lifestyle you live.

If you tend to have a more outdoor sports kind of livestyle, a SUV would be better.

If you want a car, I wouldn't suggest the current Eclipse. I have driven it and its disappointing in many ways including performance.

As a first car, I would suggest a cheaper car like the Toyota Corolla 2.0L, Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT, Honda Civic 2.0L or Ford Focus TDCi-DSG. These cars can offer good spirited driving at around the P1M price mark. Then later once you have more experience of driving, you can sell the car and purchase a car with more performance under the hood.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first things first.....totoo ba ito?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris21 View Post

get a cheaper SUV and put the rest in the bank.
    the Mitsu Montero Sport and the Toyota Fortuner would be ok for the next 10 years.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
sports car or suv as a first car