New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Sa S2000 that's a design choice. When you see a converted RHD unit the handbrake is beside the driver so it seems correct, but when you see an original LHD unit from the US the handbrake naman is on the passenger side. So design choice talaga nila na malayo sa driver yung handbrake.

S2000 LHD USDM:

S2000 RHD JDM:

S2000 JDM converted to LHD (from PhilKotse)
    Yeah looks like it. In the S2000 the lever is angled so that you could easily pull it up with your arm's natural range of motion even if it is a bit far away. In the other models the lever is straight so you kinda have to scooch a bit to the right to avoid twisting your wrist too much. Minor inconvenience, but still, lazy for the car makers.

Some drivers might appreciate the opportunity for their hand to wander over to the passenger side though.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Forgot to ask you, how was the drive bro?

Any blow off noises?

How's the handling? Acceleration?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Outstanding drive bro. Here's a tunnel video:

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 - Tunnel en route to Hakone - YouTube

Twin-turbo setup never runs out of grunt. And since it's a 2.6L engine the power below 2500 rpm is still sufficient for puttering around in the city. Then once you go past 4000 rpm it just buries you in your seat all the way to the 8000 rpm redline.

Handling on the corners of Hakone is superb also - really big car but turns really neatly. Grip never seemed to run out either, though I didn't really try pushing it to its limits (don't want to end up like Ghosn lol).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Walang R34 owners dito sa Tsikot.

What's your plan, to buy a RHD R34 and convert?

Napakatricky nung nabasa kong conversion to LHD. Siguro hayaan ko na lang RHD then pang display lang or cruise sa village and private roads hahaha. Merong naka black r34 na m-spec satin na RHD. Hindi niya daw plano ipaconvert

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Outstanding drive bro. Here's a tunnel video:

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 - Tunnel en route to Hakone - YouTube

Twin-turbo setup never runs out of grunt. And since it's a 2.6L engine the power below 2500 rpm is still sufficient for puttering around in the city. Then once you go past 4000 rpm it just buries you in your seat all the way to the 8000 rpm redline.

Handling on the corners of Hakone is superb also - really big car but turns really neatly. Grip never seemed to run out either, though I didn't really try pushing it to its limits (don't want to end up like Ghosn lol).

That tunnel vid though! Nakakainggit!

Exhaust sound is superb.

Also, the rb26 generates like around 330 to 350hp instead if the advertised 276hp. No wonder it never runs out of grunt.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sushie View Post
    Napakatricky nung nabasa kong conversion to LHD. Siguro hayaan ko na lang RHD then pang display lang or cruise sa village and private roads hahaha. Merong naka black r34 na m-spec satin na RHD. Hindi niya daw plano ipaconvert
    Saan ka kukuha ng R34? Bawal na magpasok from Port Irene ngayon. You'll have to buy whatever's available locally.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sushie View Post
    The Autoplus boys actually had a problem with their GTR because the relocation of the brake master put it on the same side as the turbos, and their car was pushing hella HP. Natunaw yung brake master coz of the intense heat. IIRC they had to put heat shielding so it doesn't happen again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    How's the clutch feel pala bro?

Is it heavy?

For that monster of a car, i assume it's heavy basing on my experience with stis and evos. It's a chore in normal traffic. A freakin leg and knee workout in weekday traffic. 🤣

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456